What can you have in your truck?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Brucely, Feb 26, 2018.

1. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    The whole premise of the diet is that we are not fat because we eat too much fat. In fact, that is a hypothesis that has never been proven and when the “food pyramid” scheme was conceived in the 70s and 80s, obesity exploded. The more simple carbs we eat, the fatter we get and the food pyramid is based on a diet of simple carbs and simple sugars (like highly processed flour based foods and fruit).

I don’t count calories or watch fats. I eat real foods, mostly meat and leafy veggies. I don’t eat fruit at all, nor bread. Potatoes and corn are about the only vegetables I avoid. I don’t eat boneless skinless chicken breasts because they are gross and dry. I prefer chicken wings, skin and bones attached.

Brucely Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brucely

Brucely Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    hey, i was doing research on keto today because i gained a few pounds from staying too long on the interwebs lol.

you're right! the food pyramid back then was messed up and people didn't know what they were talking about. They said all fat was bad...

So i dug deeper and found this: What You Didn't Know About Organic Butter: A Hidden Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids - WellnessNova.com

It looks like butter is actually neutral lol. So u can eat it as long as you don't eat carbs with it?

They're saying that butter and carbs are the same thing when it comes to your heart or something like that.

I think that's interesting tbh. But then again, we all eat butter with carbs LOL

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    come on now are you telling me that all those buffets I ate at the flying j where bad for my health?

Brucely Thanks this.
  5. Brucely

Brucely Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I love buffets, tbh. I've only been to Chinese buffets (except for when I was younger and can't clearly remember XD).

But man, when u can eat as many cookies + cakes + chinese food as you want... only thing missing is netflix :p

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.