What can you recommend me when working with brokers?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by allso, Jan 12, 2018.

1. allso

allso Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2018
    I am new here and trying to learn the car hauling business. I see lot of issues with brokers trying to play with prices, and lot of problems with centraldispatch, if you are more experienced what can you advise me for getting cars to transport from one state to another?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    You know they are desperate when they call you. I had a UR broker call me yesterday to ask if I could help them out by pulling a load out of Michigan to Pittsburgh. Before he could spit out the load pay I told him I'd work up a rate and call him back. Before he hung up he said it paid $1100. Not on my truck it doesn't. Good luck.

4. allso

allso Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Yes, that is what strikes me the whole business I see is always based on how much shippers want to pay and this is not a way to work, lot of sharks trying to put down the rates. This is tough business.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    That same load should have paid their owner op twice that. If he really wanted it moved you would think he wouldn’t try to gouge you. Maybe he was just fishing.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Unk, BigBob410 and Tropsnart Thank this.
  6. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
  7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I know you are too smart to fall for it, but some sucker may bite! You would think when van spot market is paying much better than that, nobody would even consider it in a stinger.

8. allso

allso Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Why are there so many brokers then? Wouldn't make more sense to get in contact the with shippers directly?

9. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Because it's an easy money part time job.

10. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    CeCe, a rep for UR called me a couple weeks ago trying to get me to bite on an 8 car load from Dallas to some where in North Dakota, well over 1,000 miles. She was so excited about it too by telling me it’s paying $2600 for one pick one drop. I told her I wouldn’t touch it for less than $5 a mile. She said, but i only have $4 in it. I said you probably should find someone willing to go up there in the dead of winter with no chance of a backhaul for at least 400 miles. They quoted way too low and needed a sucker to move it. Im guessing they found one.

Zaros Thanks this.
  11. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    So they wanted to pay someone 2600 and pocket 1400 for brokering. Nice

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.