What company to go with?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Mr_Adrian70, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Mr_Adrian70

Mr_Adrian70 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2018
    I have had my CDL since 2001. I did close to 2 years OTR and then I stopped being OTR and have been driving locally ever since but only driving straight trucks. I am looking to get back into driving class A vehicles again in the hopes I can make more money and better support my family. I have been in communication with Western Expressand Schneider because they both hire out of New Mexico, have refresher training, and offer western states regional. They both seem willing to hire me and give me the refresher training I need, I just don't know which one Ishould go with. Can anyone tell me anything about these 2 companies and help me decide which one would be a better choice? My wife is about to start nursing school and I really want her to just worry about school and not working as much. I'm hoping by going back on the road I can step up and be the sole provider for her and our 2 kids. I need some advice please? Anything you can tell me about Schneider or Western Express that might help me make the best decision for me and my family would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I think you're missing other possible options but at least take Western Express OFF your list. I can't see that making the "top 10" list for anyone unless they have lots of serious bad history working against them. But that makes no sense if Schneider is an option.

But when you say New Mexico, that still leaves a wide degree of separation between good place to call hame and bad place to call home [as far as trucking companies and home time promises are concerned]. What city/town are we talking about and is consistent home time required?

4. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    @Chinatown, the resident trucking company guru, will probably have a list for you to check into. Not sure how he does it (I don't even want to know), but you won't find anyone more knowledgeable on the subject.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Mr_Adrian70

Mr_Adrian70 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2018
    I'm in Albuquerque. Home time is important but it's more important right now that I make decent money.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    What about Outwest Express or Mesilla Valley? I still think Schneider is a good an option as any others, given location

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.