What company will hire me with 2 big speeding tickets in my record?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ziatrucker, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Problem is, speeding tickets 15 mph over the posted speed limit is classified as "reckless driving" as far as trucking company insurance goes.
    Your best bet is to look on Craigslist in the trucking section. Make dozens of phone calls and leave dozens of phone messages.
    One driver with 12 fender benders in his car found a job within a week on Craigslist. Decent job too, hauling produce out of California and back to the East Coast.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I had 2 speeding tickets 21 over and didn’t have a hard time. One was I-10 in houston following flow of traffic and other was coming off an exit ramp with a 45mph feeder road.

I have heard you can write a judge, explain your circumstance, and it’s possible they can remove them from your record. Don’t know how true this is or if it depends on what state. In Texas you could take a small online course and the speeding tickets will be removed from record but you have to have a class C license only.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  4. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Companies are going to think 'what the hell is your hurry' and not want to risk their rep, carrier permit, and see their insurance rate go up.

lester and JolliRoger Thank this.
  5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    The question is not what company will hire you, the question is what insurance company will insure you.

The fact that both were in your personal vehicle before you got your CDL is going to be irrelevant to the insurance companies. The only thing that might help you out is if these tickets are old. How long ago were you convicted of those two violations?

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    no no no, both insurance companies and the underwriters both care about reckless driving, 20 plus over means they want proof that the driver isn't speeding, 30 over won't get into my fleet because they won't let me hire drivers with one in the last 10 years, not three but 10.

7. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    How old are the convictions.

8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    You're right, I should've phrased that differently. The fact that OP has multiple convictions for reckless driving will weigh far more heavily on their decisions than the fact that those violations occurred in a POV instead of a CMV.

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    My question it what school would take his money knowing his record and not tell him ahead of time his chances if getting a job

MartinFromBC and Concorde Thank this.
  10. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Call Action Towing and Rescue over on Quesenberry (off Picacho). Let him know what you have in your background and see if he'll hire you to drive the light wrecker while training on the medium and heavy (30-ton) wrecker. That 30-ton experience will transfer over anywhere once those tickets age out (3 years old) and you will be able to go anywhere (and avoid MVT).

Brian is a good guy and might be able to give you a chance.

RockinChair and 77fib77 Thank this.
  11. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    You got the tickets on your CDL now... Why do people still cling to the idea that there some magic wall to save them from doing idiotic things?

flood Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.