What do drivers really want from their companies?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by deadlydecibel, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Caterpillar6nz

Caterpillar6nz Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Respect and honesty goes a long way with me, if you treat me with respect you will receive respect back and you will also see the work get done. Also we are not robots if we say we are not feeling well or something is wrong listen to us do not keep trying to push us that will make everyone start to look elsewhere.

Having good equipment really helps too I cannot tell you how many times with a few different companies the equipment is junk and the company won’t replace it. When a truck goes down so does the drivers earning for that load. Let alone if it’s a major repair and could take awhile to fix.

Lastly is listen to your drivers they are the ones making the company money. Sure you can book all the loads you want but it’s the drivers that bring it there. If there is a problem help the driver don’t just leave him or her hanging there. Or if a driver says look there is bad weather coming in I am stopping early to find a safe spot, listen to them!! There is NO load worth it, every load can be rescheduled. That’s all I have but besides my post there are other very good posts from other drivers on this thread. Listen to them and maybe you will learn something.

frizzbees and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    I think it would be a great if a load assignment is correct. I understand a bad pick up number occasionally. When the weight is blank I know it will be over 40k so put that on the load assignment dont try and fool me. When the ice cream is a low alt. load put it in the load assignment dont pass that responsibilty on to the customer. Do not put the delivery time two hours before the customer requires the delivery. This irritates the customer and I drove thru a storm instead of waiting. Dangerous for me but not for who ever created the load assignment. The load assignment is the main communication, I have no patience for phone tag. Stop putting the shipper and reciever phone number on the load assignment. Unless you call and determine it is actually a human being that answers the phone. Good luck with the menu options.

I am wondering why invest money in trucks and not hire mechanics that are capable of fixing things permanently. Two hundred miles from the repair shop the truck that was just repaired breaks down again. Total nonsense, review resumes dont just hire family.

I would complain about pay and money but if I have a good maintenance program and accurate load assignments I would make enough money.

I am wondering if you have a macro on the drivers ELD that can be used during an emergency?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.