What Do Truckers Listen To

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by jack27, Jul 15, 2008.

1. DannyB

DannyB Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Jackson Mi
    The radio in the truck has a cassette player, no cd. I can't afford the price of a satellite radio, so I scan the fm band for 50's and 60's rock fruitlessly about twice a day, then shut it off and listen to the truck sing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I-Pod is a beautiful thing :D And getting cheaper everyday. No commercials...ever. Only the music you want to hear 24/7

Access to a PC and a fast connection can provide you with a library second to none in just a few hours...for free.

4. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Instead of an Ipod, one can get a cheapy 20 buck MP3 player that plugs into the usb port of a computer to download stuff. The one I use holds 256 megs and that is more than enough for the time I use it during the day. I can go home and swap stuff out for new / different material. All you need to play that is a cassette adapter and your all set.

5. 18wheeldumptrucker

18wheeldumptrucker "Buckeye Bucket"

Apr 1, 2008
    Sullivan, Ohio
    I thought these satelite jobs were supposed to be commercial free? That's what they claim in their commercials.

6. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Ahh, thats the fun part...figuring out what they mean. Pay attention next time as you will probably hear a little specific line such as "XM radio....with over 90 channels of commercial free programming. Well they have something like 200 channels.

Id say that most of their programming on the music side is commercial free, but various programs like talk shows, news channels from ABC, ESPN, CNN...etc, weather channel. Or channels that have other specialized programming like the trucking channels; they all have commercials.

18wheeldumptrucker Thanks this.
  7. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    As far as the mp3 players, I would go with something besides the iPod or the Zune. I hate a device that has proprietary software. It makes it a PITA to work with.
    On that note, I listened to a ton of the audio books. I also like the old radio shows.

8. rikdev50s

rikdev50s Medium Load Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Greer, SC
    Howdy Jack27, I listen to XM most of the time don't know what I did before... 60's, 70's. 171 Open Road , Dave Nemo, Bill Mack, and the Bozo. All good Information on and about trucking, I feel the need to get more education about what I do for a living and they all help to make me a better driver. Then sometimes I just perfer to listen to the tires sing on the pavement. Gotta love that sound...:yes2557:

9. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    On that note.... You aren't limited to Apple Software. I hate the I-tunes software myself. But it is prettty good. So I use it for syncing.

You can use Win-Amp if you want to. It looks for cover art on free sites. Which helps those of us who refuse to "activate" our account on Apple...with a &%$# credit card!

Transferring all your music from one PC to another, is a PITA if you want to keep your I-Tunes media and associated properties together. But only because it forces you to do it in mass, using "their" method. Which takes over 90 minutes in my case, due to the size of my library. And actually has nothing to do with the I-Tunes software.

10. User Name

User Name Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Midwest
    I like him also. I got a real kick the other day when he was talking about the millions of dollars ($57.3 million) that the ATA has gotten from the Highway Watch program from the government & now they've lost it all to someone else.

Sheese... & I got this little packet with a CD & sticker.

11. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    Sirius radio and nothing but..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.