What do truckers really want from a truck stop?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by subsailor, Jul 9, 2008.

1. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    I would like to see all the above and have the lot CLOSED off to 4 wheelers and RV's TRUCKS ONLY !!! Nothing pisses me off more then pulling into a T/S and cant park because RV's are in the lot..... They need to go to an RV park, thats what rv parks are for.

Dr. Venture Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

You know, I probably ran into you recently.

I deliver RV's professionally. I run a log book the same as you do. I cannot sleep in the unit and must park it somewhere for the 10 hours like you. I like to have the chance to eat, get a shower and etc. I have signs and dot just like the big trucks.

I had a driver tell me I should be taken out and shot for parking in the truck lot. There was no RV parking available anywhere.

Now, what are we supposed to do?

4. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    You'll never catch me opening my mouth to somebody in your niche of the industry and it is generally pretty easy to tell the difference between somebody like you and the retired old couple out discovering America. Without going as far as to speak for him, I imagine the later is what he was referring too.

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I would hope so, but it was not a good night's sleep that night. The truckstop was not full and it was a Saturday night. I usually try to not be in them at night, but out west, there was no other choice.

6. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    It's unfortunate people can't seem to realize there are many different facets to this industry. Just because you don't drive a 'big rig' doesn't make you any less part of the transportation world. Like you said, you abide by the same regulations. The people that jump to conclusions about your presence are probably the ones who are guilty of greater infractions themselves. Like doing laps around the lot at night with their Jakes on.

7. CURTWAYNE

CURTWAYNE Medium Load Member

Jun 4, 2008
    LITTLE ROCK, AR
    Always irritates me to see a car, or pickup truck in a big truck parking spot. Plenty of parking spaces around front, so why is that car or pickup parked back here, and nobody around or in it?? Why is that motor home sitting back there too? And why are grandma and grandpa watching the grandkids walk the dogs behind the parking area? Surely they aren't delivering that motor home with kids and dogs in a 1990 winnebago.
    Ken-worth, the only piss free parking lots that will ever exist, will only be after all the lazy drivers cease to exist. I watched a driver get out of his truck, and pee on his drive tire. After zipping up, he casually walked INTO the truck stop. So, why didn't he just wait?

8. northstarfire0693

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    No you have not run into me. You I can understand parking in the T/S because you have DOT markings ETC. I am talking about the ### holes that are on vacation cross country and parking their personal RV's in the lot. They need to go to a RV park. If your running DOT, logbook etc you are doing the same job as we do. I guess I did not make myself clear in the 1st post

9. northstarfire0693

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    Thanks Dr. V that is what I was referring to in my first post.

10. Iwanttobeatrucker

Iwanttobeatrucker Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    CLEAN showers, good food, SAFE parking area, WIFI, and cashiers that speak english as a first language, lol, no really I mean it.

11. northstarfire0693

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    Thats the truth.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.