What do truckers use to not get a sore buttocks from hours of sitting

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by newbtr1, Oct 1, 2015.

1. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Poor car !

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Thread is 3 years old.
    I'm sure op has since left trucking.
    :biggrin_25524::biggrin_2559:

4. Peterbilt605

Peterbilt605 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2018
    A #### good low rider seat! Lol

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    mm mm mm. tsk tsk tsk. Find yourself a good attractive playful opposite and enjoy each other. Eventually you would have worked off the weight in excess enough to be able to do some trucking without worrying about the ow.

I use a chaindrive wallet. I sit on that thing all the time. It helps me.

What you want is a chair that provides adequate plush. If you DO NOT have that in your tractor, put together a thousand dollars and have a nice captains chair bolted on. There was a particular FLD 120 chair from roughly the 1994 era that was really perfect for my body. Ive plans to find one, buy it and feed it with a air compressor here at the computer.

Wear clothes pants one size larger. You will have a little more room for your ... cushion to spread out a little more on that seat. You do not want to wear over tight clothing. It will restrict you.

I am not very good with sore butts in a trucking seat. It's just something that is ignored like a bad troll after a time. To complain about it generates a instant hilarity inside the truck stop with much laughing and teasing you.

I remember one incident in which a tractor did not have a seat at all to drive on. I went back in to the boss and said, I cannot drive that no seat. He got up and drove it there and back. I suppose with him being much more ample than I am where it counts he got it done.

6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I myself have no problem sitting. My problem is the lack of getting up to do things.
    Yet when I drove for CR England. The trainer had me work on the stamina to be able to drive 11 hours straight. Well sort of. I did pull over after 5-1/2 hours do a enroute pretrip. Get a sandwich from the fridge all with in 15 mins so I didnt have to record it on the log. Yet that was the way I drove then for 5 months.

Alas time has changed, now we have to get out of the truck to have lunch for a hour. sigh

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    OP last seen Oct 24 2015... about 2 months after he started.
    Another one bites the dust.

lovesthedrive and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    They stopped selling or making the bose seat. Your lucky.

9. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Honestly if you are getting in a truck with more then 300,000 miles the average seat is shot, or full of someone else's butt stink. So tell the carrier you want a new seat for that cascadia. They are a $450 seat new, why cause they are cheap ### national seats.

10. wear.yer.kilt

wear.yer.kilt Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    2 teaspoons in a cup of coffee works great!

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.