What do Truckers Want?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TechTruck, Sep 18, 2011.

1. The Breeze

The Breeze Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Fayetteville, NC
    Well I've got an app on my droid x that does this but the camera needs to be fish eyed and extra cams would be nice. I have seen GPS devices that allow for rear view cameras and thought it would be cool to be able also record a 5 or 10 minute loop or something.

Do you have any nifty ways of hiding or managing all the wires that end up hanging all over my dash?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I tied all the cables together and placed dishtowels on top of them. Keeps the dust off the dash also.

Mark

4. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Fast customizable gps devices, one that you could easily use just like an atlas and make notes with, current ones are real slow loading up data to be viewed like a early 80s pc. More widespread internet with 4g+ speeds minimum and doesn't fail like most satellite internet with massive latency.

5. NFG

NFG Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Ball of Confusion
    google earth and maps can have elevation contours overlays on the map

6. dab11999

dab11999 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2010
    You're looking to build an app to make some money from. OK. Put together something that syncs your cellphone and laptop without bluetooth. Like an app that bridges your Verizon wireless card and Verizon cellphone connection even though Verizon requires you to have two lines to pay for. I have a bluetooth adapter but it's slow and complicated to bridge.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.