What do you call a company that..

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Accidental Trucker, Aug 21, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
  4. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    First you need to catch Japanese customer who willing to pay multimillions. Would you use factoring?

5. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Hell no... For that kind of $$$ I'd be setting up a Swiss bank account and hitting the black market!!!!

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Do what we did, go to the "phone book" and looked up trucking companies in the area.

I have two customers side by side in an eastern town that has such tight dock areas that no truck of ours fits in, so we contracted with a small carrier to provide a truck and driver in a day cab to take the trailer and dock it and take it back to their yard the next day. The drivers get to rest for the day.

Accidental Trucker Thanks this.
  7. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    It's 225. Biggest problem is there's signage overhang that keeps him from backing into the alley. Even the target store delivers with a 28' pup and a day cab.

We have a standing agreement at the border with a company that does cross-border deliveries for us if we have a driver with "issues" at customs. Saved our bacon a couple of times. They are easy to find in Blaine, WA (not too many trucking companies around and everyone knows everyone).

This delivery is basically across the street from UW in Seattle, so I was hoping not to have to call 300 trucking companies.... I'll start with some of the LTL guys I knew in a previous life. It's going to be a weekly thing, so it's important to find the right outfit.

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    nearly any local trucking companies can be called. most all have daycabs, and know the areas quite well

9. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Drayage was the magic word for google. Found an outfit that'll do it for $85 / hr plus FSC. First thought the port container guys would be the ones, but they all run ragged out OTR trucks with sleepers. Go figure.

That was after five phone calls -- you want to do WHAT? LOL! Thanks for the help, all.

10. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    What about getting a day cab truck from Ryder. Quicker and cheaper than trying to find someone who can do it right now.

11. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    If it is in the seattle area and that outfit does not work out, check with smoky point, they have a terminal where they put together loads just north of seattle. At least they did have.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.