What do you think of this scenario?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Boomgoesthedynamite, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    Sounds like a quick way to loose your mind, health, spirit and money. Not necessarily in any particular order.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joe016

joe016 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    You can make a tons of money if you have good drivers and your truck don't have major brake down it not just the money you invest in buying the truck it the money you going to have to put into the truck at getting it fix if you have experience truck mechanic want to start this business with you they should know or as then how much truck repair cost.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Keep dreaming dude keep wishing maybe it'll happen it really comes down to what you can borrow and what you can earn. Alot of people come up with great idea's and then go belly up with there business all because they had no customer service skills, no management skills and no accounting skills, cause if you want to start a transport business apart from being or having a mechanic, is having good business ethics If you can master all of that then you will succeed.

5. Boomgoesthedynamite

Boomgoesthedynamite Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2017
    Oh boy

6. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    Minor details become major problems. There is always and will be RISK one way or another. NO PERFECT SCENARIO unless you look back on it.

7. Boomgoesthedynamite

Jan 20, 2017
    I'm just an investor. The business is taken care of by the other guys.

8. Boomgoesthedynamite

Jan 20, 2017
    Agree

9. joe016

joe016 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Your a investors with only 20k into the business? 20k goes fast .

10. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    "You have connections with an impressive trustworthy trucking broker who can practically guarantee that these trucks will be run hard round the clock."
    Yea, I've heard that before.

The main problem I see is $20K in the bank isn't enough. maybe the extra $1,500 a month you have will help but just getting started will take all of that $20K.

All that being said, starting a business in anything is a risk and you'll never get it done if you don't take that leap. I'm sure there is a lot more to the story than what you posted but from what I read would scare me to death. I've had more than my share of life lessons of getting screwed where I've learned to read between the lines on stuff like this.

11. old iron

old iron Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Northern Wi
    The most probable reason the broker wants to add a few more trucks from an outside source is that they will be used as overflow. He needs more to keep up when things are busy but doesn't want to park his own when things are slow.

Lepton1 and RollingRecaps Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.