What do you use for a laptop stand or desk for keyboard and mouse?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TawcoTruck, Feb 8, 2023.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

With the air bag steering wheels I find these steering wheel desks wind up causing the city horn to blow when writing or setting a laptop on them.

TawcoTruck Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. downplay

downplay Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2021
    This is very easy to do. I have a high loft Peterbilt and I still feel cramped for space. If you have a smaller cab (most are) space will probably be a real struggle.

You might want to consider literally using it like the name implies, sit in your bunk with it on your lap. Then, if you need a mouse, you could just put something small next to you to roll it over.

I’m considering moving my bed into the top bunk and using the lower area for storage and a makeshift kitchen. If so, I can then have some shelving and a bigger refrigerator and/or a tiny box freezer. I’m a company driver and we aren’t supposed to mess with our inverters. But, they put in a POS modified sine wave model. I may risk it and put in a pure sine wave in its place. The mechanics always want us to have our bunks cleared so they can replace filters at service time; but, I’ve also had a mechanic ask if I wanted to replace the filters. If I leave my bunk covered maybe they’ll never know about my inverter…

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  4. TawcoTruck

TawcoTruck Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2022
    I can't spend money I don't have. I'm also taking an online class and a fullsize keyboard and mouse makes everything much easier.

5. TawcoTruck

TawcoTruck Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.