What do you use for sleeping

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BIGLEFTYINTX, Dec 3, 2018.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i took along a sleeping bag, that was rated for something like -20 (if i recall), and it is a coleman bag.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    yup

4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I would like to suggest a “Purple” mattress topper. I have a 3 inch memory foam (expensive). I also have Purple seat cushions. Love that Purple. I think it might be better in a mattress topper? Or perhaps a Purple mattress?
    My memory foam was too expensive to just switch. Keeping it for a while.

Eowyn Thanks this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I started out with a sleeping bag. Then "installed" homestyle bedding (fitted sheet, flat sheet, comforter) then switched over to a comforter used like a sleeping bag.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. CK73

CK73 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2017
    I could have sworn someone broke into my truck and blew additional air into my old air pillow and matress night after night..

Then i realized the whole how elevation effects air pressure thing phenom.

What's it doing to my body? Who knows but now i have a generic 3 inch foam 70 at walmart that is almost as good as the purple..

Love the 2 sleeping bag setup someone mentioned before. No more air pillow or matresses for me though.. Memory foam and sleeping bags FTW.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On

If you put a dryer cloth over vacuum nozzle then vacuum mattress you will see how disgustingly dirty they are. Dead skin and yech! This is something the door to door vacuum cleaner salesmen did to help seal the deal on Kirbys.

Dan.S, Eowyn and Lepton1 Thank this.
  8. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Sure you already aware but be careful taking Benadryl all the time, the long term effects of it can be bad. It's known for causing issues with short term memory and eventually even long term, they are also doing studies currently to see if it can up the chances of dementia.

Common anticholinergic drugs like Benadryl linked to increased dementia risk - Harvard Health Blog

Not in a truck yet personally on my own (soon finally!) but I plan to do a mattress topper and sheet/comforter I can't sleep without a bed setup right will also be changing the sheets at a minimum of once a week I have bad allergies and have been called a clean freak because of it lol.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.