What Does KLLM Allow In The Truck?

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by American-Trucker, Nov 10, 2009.

1. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    Don't mean to confuse you. These guys probably have the latest info. When I started 6 months ago, they were changing some policies regarding trucks on lease and for company trucks. They may very well install one for you. At the time, they were frowning on some converters, mainly because of some drivers had done some of their own work and installation, and some problems had developed. Maybe that has changed, as long as they can specify the type of converter and they install it.

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    thanks for the help newbie

4. dixiedog

dixiedog Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2010
    camden arkansas
    Hey newbie I love the weener dogs eating the melon mine is laying by me now .I was wandering how things are going for you and if you like the compnay so far .My cdl school starts in feb 2011 its already been paid for by the Military/Gov that way i am not held hostage to anyone. I am thinking about KLLM, maybe Schinder I also realize what to expect in this line of work as my brother works for Transport America keep my updated and stay safe

5. newbiewannadoitright

newbiewannadoitright "Right Wing Nut Job"

Sep 26, 2007
    Cajun Land
    Dixiedog, I'm not working for KLLM anymore. I did almost a year and went to work driving locally/ regionally driving for Associated Grocers of Baton Rouge.

6. the professor 94703

the professor 94703 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Hope, Ar , USA
    All electrical installs ie where something has to be attached directly to the battery, has to be done at a company shop(Jackson or Atlanta). A number of company trucks do have 2 Kw invertors installed(mainly the last of the 08's) It nice to have the power. It's made the last 2 years much easier. Fridge(not a cooler) and microwave(had a toaster oven at one point). My invertor was a freightliner install.
    The real limit to cigarette plugs is that the circuitry is limited to 10 amps or 120 watts(12v * 10 amps = 120 watts).

7. Aiken

Aiken Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Aiken, SC
    My truck had an inverter installed. I have (and recommend to every one) Avanti 1.7 cu superconductor fridge. It is only 60 watts, they also make them with 12v plug. Mine is 120v. $115 of the Amazon

8. RoadToad69

RoadToad69 Mistress of Mayhem

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    Ve haff vays uf getting around zat :biggrin_255:

I had a small one hooked directly into my fuse box (Columbia...they moved the fuse box in the Cascadia so not sure how it would work there...). When the truck was scheduled to go into the shop it took all of 10 seconds to unhook it :biggrin_25522:

RT

9. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

Good to see your posting again! Are you still with KLLM?

American Trucker

10. RoadToad69

RoadToad69 Mistress of Mayhem

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    I am, I am...still a lease operator. And still a contentious pain in the butt...lol!

Jarhed1964 and American-Trucker Thank this.
  11. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

Glad to hear the lease is still working for ya!

I ended up decideing to work for Watkins Shepard, So far I love it. I can have whatever I want in the truck lol I have a huge fridge I can almost fit inside lol

Although all those shiny new KLLM trucks in the T/S sure do make my truck look bad haha

American Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.