What exit was the good food at

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by haz-matguru, Jul 30, 2017.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Rolberto's in Twin Falls
    Roberto's in Pocatello
    Tricky to find parking but both were open 24 hours. Great Mexican food.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Cracker barrel's are always good for breakfast. Sometimes there's one near a truckstop.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Flicks trucks top on Hwy 78 in Potts Camp Mississippi used to advertise the banana pudding. Haven't heard it in awhile.

5. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    My company Veriha has their own truckstop / restaurant Tastebuds off 41 in Marinette, WI.

They have decent BBQ and pulled pork. The kitchen also cooks burgers and sandwiches or brats sold in the truck stop.

Another good one in Curtiss, Wisconsin is Abbyland off route 29.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  6. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Sonny's BBQ

By Loves I-75 exit 29 Kentucky

slow.rider Thanks this.
  7. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    ozark ar. i40, x32 t/s 24hr cafe, hillbilly hideout i think?? and i think its franklin ky
    has a truckstop with cafe. cant remember exit. right close to a tractor supply dc. good chicken

slow.rider Thanks this.
  8. cybill234

cybill234 Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Firefly Grill (Modern, American fare)
    1810 Ave Of Mid-america
    Effingham, IL 62401

slow.rider Thanks this.
  9. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    What exit? Just about every one with a Waffle House!

:headbang:

slow.rider Thanks this.
  10. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    There are a lot if places that sell chicken tenders, but my favorite still is Big Cabin truck stop at hiway 69 and Will Rodgers turnpike. Their homemade gravy sets everything off. And what other truck stop can you buy frog legs if you are into that sort if dish?

IMG_20160111_152737.jpg

If you're heading north out Memphis, let me suggest the truck stop on I-55 exit 8, Steele, MO.
    They serve a better than average catfish dinner with a nice side of baked beans for $5.99. Daylight hours only for this dish, and always a big wide parking spot available.
    20170718_151918.jpg

Are you hungry yet?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    slow.rider Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We have had a cook at the Petro going over 10 years service here in Galloway, it's not so good when it's busy and bursting at the seams. But show up when it's very quiet and you will get good service.

Many places in my time have passed into history buried by big box stores and the like.

If we go out for a meal anywhere in this area it usually ends up being the Red Lobster in Lakewood. Now.. truck parking is tricky. There is none at the resturant proper but you can sort of squeeze in by the cinema area in the back during mid day slack or across the street in the target shopping center. We settled into a meal there at the one year anniversary of our last chemo and end of treatment for cancer and someone overheard our talk and told the owner. She made the entire bill on the house and the girls did well on our table without being too showy or excessive. It was a meal to remember, and I used to deliver into Red Lobsters so I know the entire menu and the boxes each items came in. (And sometimes where int he world it's caught)

However. The threat level in that area is reltively high, people have been killed in daylight at the mccain mall so.. we roll concealed.

Of all the truckstops in the United States there are two that stand out for meals. They might surprise you. One is the Spaceport Ohio when the staff is moving along nicely. The other is the old 76/TA east armarillo which we understand is closed now. We used to have weekly meals there at night to literally get out of that truck and just set and eat a while. The staff picked up on that well enough. A honorable mention goes to Flying J in Dyess. If you put aside the thunder of freedom from the bones (B1 Bombers) overhead in burner coming off the ground asap the menu items are pretty good.

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.