What flatbed company is better to work for?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by JD_MILLS22, Mar 1, 2013.

1. JD_MILLS22

JD_MILLS22 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I didn't like there home time options plus they told me pay was like 36cpm. what did they do to you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JD_MILLS22

Mar 1, 2013
    One more question should i choose the cpm pay or the load percentage? i've heard good and bad about both.

4. defanimal414

defanimal414 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Hokes Bluff, AL
    BUDDY MOORE TRUCKING - they seem to try to treat every1 like family. You are a person, driver and they respect family needs. (Got to have 2yrs exp) They pay % and gets decent runs. Some times might be better millage but I run less miles than my old running buddies from last comp (dry box - Honda Dedicated) and I stay close to what they make and run less miles.

5. JD_MILLS22

Mar 1, 2013
    More money and less miles is always a big plus in my book. i'm working for a smaller company now drove about 2600 last week they're a great company and have good home time. but insurance isn't available and i'll recieve a 1099 at the end of the year. don't like that part at all and have a family so i really need health insurance. plus i really wanna swap to flatbeds.

6. defanimal414

defanimal414 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Hokes Bluff, AL
    My dad has been there 9 yrs and I have been 3 yrs - I was in a good Honda dedicated run (till it went sour) or I would have been there long before I did

7. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    I am under the impression that a 1099 is not allowed if someone else owns the truck and you are employed to drive their equipment. Now I could be wrong (been known to happen 1 time before) but I thought the IRS is starting to crack down on that.

8. fatherdirt88

fatherdirt88 Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2013
    why are they bad i just talked to a guy from there he said 10/12 out 2 home and i need to make at least 1200 a week...give me so info before i jump

9. fatherdirt88

fatherdirt88 Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Why i am considering then please give me some insite on the company so i don't make the wrong choice....

10. JD_MILLS22

Mar 1, 2013
    Well i've chosen boyd bros. after talking to a few drivers on the road last week they seem to be pretty good.

11. RoadHogg67

RoadHogg67 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I started my driving career with Boyd Brothers out of truck driving school. I had a great trainer and a good experience. Being new to trucking you need to know that there are things that happen that are beyond your control. I would advise you to take it all in stride, keep calm, and chalk it up to a learning experience. Don't listen to all the negativity on the road. My experience is that about 95% of all drivers are good, honest, hard working men and women trying to make a living for their families. Back to Boyd, their equipment was very good and well maintained, dispatchers were alway honest with me, if I had a problem, they worked with me. Flatbedding is not easy work, but you will get exercise and the challenge of load securement. Good luck.

jomar68 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.