What flatbed company is better to work for?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by JD_MILLS22, Mar 1, 2013.

1. dpark

dpark Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Knoxville, Tn
    I am a current Boyd Brothers right now. just swithced from Werner back in July. Must say that i am very happy with the company. Fleet is mostly International Prostars. newest numbers r 8300 series. i am in an 8200 truck. all trucks have a form of APU. it is a battery operated system that hooks into the rear HVAC system of the truck. the newer trucks (later 8100s-8300s) have a switch that will start the truck when the battery level gets too low. making it helpful to keep comfortable at night. have a great dispatcher that is willing to help and run me the way i want. wish i could help more on the fresh driver training side of the deal. depending on where u live. u will go to either Cincinnati or B'Ham for one week of training. from there i believe u will be given a trainer. once u finish ur training, u will be sent back to B'ham for one week of load securement with a very funny guy named Rodney. (if u wanna make him happy, give him peanut M&Ms. lol. his face will light up like a kid at christmas time. lol.) On the thurs of ur week of securement u will recieve ur dispatcher name and depending on where they r located u will either get to meet him/her face to face or at the very least talk to them on the phone. u should also get ur truck number as well. i will give u the same advice that my buddy gave me before i came over here. there r gonna be days when ure ready to call ur dispatcher, tell them here's where the truck is, here's where the keys r, come get it, im going home.. u just gotta push past those days and keep working through it. good luck. i may see u on the road somewhere. i go by whiplash on the road.

Peterbilts Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I have not worked for any of them. None would hire me with me living in South Dakota. But I have never met a Boyd Brothers who didn't seem happy. But of course, I haven't met all of them. I was with TMC for almost 17 years. Started being hard getting home and still making decent money, or I'd likely still be there.

4. spreadaxle96

spreadaxle96 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2013
    murfreesboro,tn
    i worked for McElroy and loved it. Jordan seems pretty good after talking to their drivers.

5. marklee297

marklee297 Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Memphis, TN
  6. JD_MILLS22

JD_MILLS22 Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Well I chose boyd brothers and on the last couple days of load securement had enough experience with them I didn't have to have a trainer. Plus start at 40cpm and get a 1000 dollar bonus So i had one week of orientation and one of load securement. Get my truck Friday so far its been great.

7. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Glad you finished and good luck when you get your truck. I hope you enjoy it and be safe.

Terry

8. vidiver

vidiver Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2015
    I can tell you my friend works for boyd Brothers and he loves it say's their a stand up company.

Drivers girl Thanks this.
  9. kelmonkey79

kelmonkey79 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2015
    My husband is a trainer with Boyd! They are good to their employees! He has been there 10 months!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.