What happens if I get pulled over and I haven't updated my address on my license?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Trucks66, Nov 14, 2019.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Well dont be a dick to him... last ticket i got 3 years ago. Popped me for doing 22 in a school zone. Officer comes up i was irritated. Gave him an earful, i had just moved to town 2 weeks earlier , didnt update my address guess who got a ticket for that, not to mention my taillights were out i was going to pickup some wiring harness from the shop to fix it , guess who got another ticket for that. Cop straight up told me if i wouldnt of been a complete ####### he would knock the schoolzone ticket to 5 over and send me on my way. Instead got 3 tickets , told the cop to #### himself when he handed me tickets. It was One of those days for me. Dont be a dick to police, my lesson was learned

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I was in my personal car once.

This Officer Ironass... she pulled me over when I botched a pass when I ran out of those broken yellows to solid double yellow with me on the opposing side lane illegally and way too much speed above 55 back then.

At the window she snarled, license reg and insurance child. Fast. Now. Here.

Snatches all of them took two steps towards her car and said, a trucker eh? You don't look professional enough to do that. You must be BS'ing us all.

Let me tell you I got pretty lost my temper. It takes the stars in all the Universe to put together just so for her to mouth off the way she did.

She came back with several tickets. sign sign sign and sign and that too sign. It was very hard for me to keep my very big big big mouth shut. Very hard. Took ticket, Class A and reg etc back, tossed into Glove Compartment looked at her waiting to be cut loose. She did finally.

It was fortunate she was assigned out of a more distant barracks than the one we were accustomed to. And I never had to see or deal with her ever again in this lifetime. I hope that when she finally retired that she gets a Cat or plenty of good food to eat. It's not good going through life as stressed as she was obviously. (I paid the tickets before she got to lunch or even wrote reports on it. The State managed to let four of 5 tickets essentially a contribution to the teddy bear program for kids who are in difficult and impossible situatiosn. And the fifth stood. I think 84 in a 55.

In those days the companies could care less. It's a ticket, got paid, bunch of points and three years after that? Irrelevant. That particular pass of that slowpoke was a very badly timed situation on my part. The lesson I learned was simple. If you do that again, don't get caught that fast.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Not unless they are being a dick first, and I learned long ago to sign the ticket first. lol

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I bet it felt good though, at the time. Lol. I had a local Cop once, confiscate mine.” You didn’t just move back last week!!” You’re the same Guy I pulled over in that other old car” “I told you 3 mos ago to change your license, see you in Court, If you’re smart, you’ll have a Michigan License”. A real #######. No sense of humor.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    My wifes cousin was working for us up in kansas when he was just 20 or maybe 21 years old and his pickup broke down. He rode back with me and I loaned him my 280 Z to drive while his was in the shop. A local pulled him over on 54 at Hooker Ok, and kept him there for over an hour claiming he had stolen it. It was in the wee hours, he told him to call me, but don't expect me to be happy at that time of morning.
    He came back 2 weeks later and I was taking him back, because he had his pickup back. The same cop stopped me, he walked up and I told him I probably did it, but what was he stopping me for? He told me I was running a little fast. I told he was lieing and he knew it, now what did you stop me for. He then admitted he thought he recognized the car, and bent over and said he recognized that boy there.
    He then ask who I was, and I told him I was the SOB the car was registered to and drove off leaving him standing there, never heard anything about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.