What happens if I roll a frameless dump

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Zacgehret, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    if you ever have the misfortune of ever lifting your box into, or backing into a powerline, try to drive away from it or through it. if that's not possible, watch this video.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zacgehret

Zacgehret Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Kilbourne il
    Although goofy as he'll that was very informative thank u I didn't know any of that

4. AUfan78

AUfan78 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Mobile, Alabama
    Washed sand, bank sand(straight from the ground), sand/clay, red clay, or topsoil, they sell it all by the ton at that one pit. Every other pit in the area sells by the yard and doesn't have a scale. Dot is not to hard on the dirt haulers as long as it's not heaped up over the top or they see you running with a pusher or tag on on the ground while loaded. Here in Alabama they give you 20k an axle no matter the spacing for construction vehicles up to 86k(I think) gross but you still have to follow bridge law on the interstate. Because of that most dumps around here in south Alabama 20-21 yard tri-axle trucks. The trailer dumps get use when work on the interstate is going on. Running back roads you can haul 25 tons legally with a tri-axle, a couple tons more with the trailer but you don't have the room on most job sites to justify their use.

5. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    I tried to find the ATCO video we had to watch years ago, but it's not published. this one was the best I could find that explained everything instead of just telling you what to do.

while moving a drilling rig up here in Alberta back in the 80's, one of the gin pole trucks backed into a line, swamper was killed immediately but driver managed to get out when the breaker kicked out on the line. they made us all attend a powerline safety course, sure learned a lot from it.

6. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    It's the internet where everyone is an expert...
    I can't see anything happening to your license, but I've never layed one over so just maybe I'm wrong...

7. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I started pulling dump trailers at 20, we haul 100k+ legally, no accidents, and I have only unloaded out the back and not over the side so far (29 now) I will also take a frameless trailer any day of the week over a frame, it is much easier to see when a frameless is leaning compared to a frame and feel the load slide, a large majority of roll overs are driver error, a lot of guys get scared when the trailer is half way up and it starts to lean and try to put it Down, when they really need to shove their right foot through the fire wall to get the load out of the nose, I've also seen guys try to "jerk" the trailer part way up to get the load to slide, another good way to go over, once you are more the. A few stages up, trailer goes all the way up, no resetting, no gate spreading for lazy dbag operators, straight to the top. Also keep your trailer brakes locked and the tractor free, don't try pulling the trailer to the tractor (atleast while starting out)

Any company worth anything knows losing trailers is part of the buisness, but still try your hardest not to

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.