What happens to you guys during a recession?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Driver Eight, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I still remember when most of the shelves were empty no ammo at most
    gun stores... not even 22 caliber was available..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Back to good times again..

Attached Files:

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  4. haycarter

haycarter Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Australia
    When the Going gets Tough, The Tough get Going...

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It clears the deadwood.

The last round that hit and bit me in the ### pretty hard resulted in my dumping pernamently of 7000 in excessive debt. After about 15 years even under our State Laws regarding garnishment of property up to 15 years after non payment, those become null. And my credit report begins to recover.

I am actually going to make three phone calls today by Lunch, each of the three who has recieved autodraft payments for years (Dish is one and other two are related to ongoing medical issues) they are going to be notified the accounts are closed, zero balance and nothing negative in my credit because I am month to month and have been so for years.

If I wanted dish again it's going to be 72.00 to 122.00 for the same old steaming pile of rewarmed content in the form of reruns while they endure a winter in which new content has taken a month longer to hit the 2020 schedule than ever before. they are also increasing monthly fees to be paid them in billing for the foreseeable future ( I was paying a 9 year old rate of about 24.60 that became 27.70 about 4 years ago and now has gone to 31.10, this for service not advertised anymore so no one else gets to pay this cheaply. But after today it wont matter anymore. I am moving on past dish into either a internet based provider such as Amazon TV or a Smart phone type service to a tablet via google play store etc. The total costs for those particular contents plus local television mus be less than 22 dollars a month or forget it. If I found that everyone is competing with offline providers such as ROKU i am not surprised. Im already getting some of my live television online depending on the situation.

My income is fixed. Costs each month has gone up across the board. The new 2020 budget has already if not any changes are made to reduce outflows I will suffer about a thousand three hundred in losses just this year alone. So three autopays are closed and ended this month, two more in the next month. Then that should not only end the losses in excessively greedy billings but also get me ahead about a few hundred towards the end of this year ending services I no longer use or need.Keeps the costs down by getting rid of them when they have either displayed parasitical behavior on my dollars each month in billings increasing or essentially eliminate them from my life entirely. And either do without or find a alternative in the beginnig.

If I did nothing increasing in billing outflows would have forced me into BK this time next year. So by doing this and postponing formal retirement another few years with a target of 72 I should essentially triple my cash income. So when that gets set and 2034 comes up with the mandatory reduction across board of benefit spending by 26% (Congress can pernamently resolve this problem by enacting a small tax increase on every one working a payroll earnings. A 21 dollar charge over 10 years on top of what they take in already will increase benefits by about 8% going into 2034 instead of decreasing them by failing to pay out the 100% of promised benefit schedule rate, future non payment of SS monies etc. and so on. We are about 18 million new retirees which includes trauma, injuries, disabilities and so on. Which includes a percentage of NEW normal retirees at 65 years old. This is now.

If I did manage a return to work My pending retirement benefits will essentially double making it tempting once again to simply just retire. But the 72 age figures on montly payouts is really bordering on fantasy. If those are acutal benefit amounts at age 72, then emigration from the USA to live in a cheaper cost of living nation state that is not making war on America and can use our dollars in the exchange rate of around three to one or four to one which makes my costs in USD even less. including future medical work.

By the time 45 years have passed, we are supposed in the 45th year have taken on about 60 million new retirees at 65 years old. If I made it to the magic 72 final retirement benefits age the benefits I would recieve which is about three times what I am taking now will never go down over my lifetime provided that congress fixes the pernament shortage that is chronically increasing until it's unable to pay anything out 35 years from now, much less than 60 million new retirees.

Thinking that if I had to eke out 45 years in relatively obscurity hauling medicines in trucks that will be self aware, sentinent and alive at that point with all of the wit, accuracy and passion of a 14 year old teenage programmer would essentially make me tired of it's attitude all the time. And consider a removal of a part or two until it's performance is derated enough for me to keep up with it on my walker... /SATIRE...

I'll go right back to college and learn how tp program those #### things and get to it myself. Its not that difficult as they make it out to be.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.