What has been your worst experience on the road?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lightning01, Jul 16, 2020.

1. MarquisK

MarquisK Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    Not a bad experience, but a funny one.

I was once sitting at a intersection & the biggest piece of #### mac truck hauling containers came flying to make a turn.... Turns out his doors didn’t ever close & he held them while driving. Needless to say, he was hanging onto his steering wheels & door handle for his life.

Kind of funny actually. He somehow managed to not the roll the truck but to this day the image of it pops into my head & I can’t stop laughing.

I’m sure he had to change his underwear shortly after.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I think the best quote I have ever read along the lines of what you said there is this:

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

That just felt right when I read it back in the day.

kemosabi49 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Reminds me of the scene in Convoy when all the trucks were turning hard onto that desert road and the passenger door swung open on the cabover that the two guys were driving that picked up “Widow Woman” after she rolled her Brockway.
    I read somewhere that was an accident but they acted so naturally through it that the director left it in. Made it real and I think of that everytime I drive my old truck. Lol.

5. The_Great_Corn

The_Great_Corn Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Yeah, a legendary thread. Lots of cool stories. I laughed so hard I got hiccups. Some sad ones too. My eyes almost teared up.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Would have to say, being 1800 miles from home and one defibrillator shock from being declared dead in an ambulance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.