What have you got for free from a shp/recv

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by usatrucker01, Jan 26, 2012.

1. usatrucker01

usatrucker01 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    pensacola,fl
    4 cases of toilet paper was the first thing i ever got...overage company told me to toss it...i spend a week with it in my sleeper...pain in the butt ,i didnt have to buy any for a few years
    2, cases of 4brothers Spaghetti Sauce realy only one jar was broke but they refused it.
    2,cases of Chocolate pop/tarts (yuck) i have them to my nephew he was in hog haven (overage)
    3 packs of kebbler cookies delv a load in PA, they unloaded me and came out with my biils and 3,packs of cookies..(very nice) i eat them all
    hand full of wrigley's gum same thing unloaded some corn starch there and with my bills they give me a hand full of gum
    a 24 foot warner ladder (damage) sold at the truck stop 40 bucks
    well thats all folks...what did u get?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    1 pallet of canned dog food, 3 or 4 wall mounted medicine cabinets, coupla 5 gallon buckets of cake icing, several cases of damaged canned drinks, boxes of printing paper, half a pallet of salsa, cases of frozen chicken,and I don't know how many smaller damaged cases of different grocery items.

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I had a Smuckers plant give me 4 jars of peanut butter/jelly swirl. They gave the jars away that ddin't have the perfect swirls to whoever wanted them.

I can remember 2 cases of Vienna sausages. I haven't had one since. :)

Then I got a whole case of beef loins. About 70 lbs worth. One got jabbed by a forklift. I still had two weeks before home time, so I gave them to some Pilot employees. One of the whole rounds I traded one of our shuttle drivers in Gulfport, MS for some shrimp on credit. He sold fresh shrimp on the side. Before I could get back, the company closed the terminal and he disappeared.

That was over $300 worth of meat. I wish I could of took it home.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Still waiting for someone to give me a Bentley.......:biggrin_25523:

6. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    I get sherbert water ice pretzels burritos anything my company makes that gets damaged stays on the truck. Sometimes I try to give it away. But most times I trash it I always ask on cb at truck stop but a lot of times I can't give our stuff away. If you ever hear me yelling who wants water ice burritos or pretzels come get some it's good stuff.

7. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Bagels from a place in NJ that makes them.
    Candy bars from Hershey.
    A half case of eggs(lose) from a egg plant
    A case of coffee(individual bags)
    Countless boxes of cookies and stuff from Stauffer's in York
    Case of cheese from Land o Lakes in NJ. Case was damaged
    Case of spring water from a plant near Mountain top,Pa
    Bundt cakes from BC Bundt
    That was all from when I ran the road routes

We pick up at a place in Mckees Rocks,PA that makes cinnamon swirl and cinnamon raisin bread(that stuff is good) that hands you at least six loaves when you pick up. My chest freezer is full of that stuff right now.

8. shriner75

shriner75 Heavy Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Minnesota, dontcha know...
    My wife works for a egg processing company so when it comes time for the R&D crew to clean out the freezer we score pretty well and fill our freezer usually. Ive gotten soda, cereal even now I will get a bag of freshly processed bacon pieces made for bacon bits. Those are good. There were others that I cant recall.

9. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Midwest Bottling used to have a cooler full of soda from busted cases, you could grab up to a six pack every time. Bought a case of king crab legs off a guy selling them at the Petro in Portage, Wi. Those were excellent.

10. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    I don't sell my stuff I give it away because chances are my backhaul would be dry and what am I going to do with it then. The other day in tx I was down by Houston giving away cases of burritos.

11. Big Jay

Big Jay Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2011
    litchfield, mn
    Quite a bit of fruit from out West. Tons of potatoes. BS'ing with the guys in North Dakota, found out I farmed and had livestock, Fed our hogs for butchering potatoes and apples one whole winter along with their grain. Softest pork I have ever had. Salt blocks. Dog food. Lots of stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.