What have you heard or experience with J.B. Hunt . . .

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by peanut, Nov 19, 2007.

1. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    J. B. HUNT
    Driver SEA: 35.21
    Vehicle SEA: 34.83
    ISS-D Recommendation: PASS, Reason: SAFETY, Score: 26

SCHNEIDER NATIONAL
    Driver SEA: 27.19
    Vehicle SEA: 36.14
    ISS-D Recommendation: PASS, Reason: SAFETY, Score: 37

Looks like they both have their "safety" hats on.....go for the bucks!

david07003 and bobobrazil Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    I have a comment on "the safest company is the best company" ... Are you High?

I worked for JB Hunt. Dedicated and Intermodal life is tolerable (and you make "ok" money) if you want to go OTR with them. Go out to the shed, get a hammer, lay your hand palm down on a horizontal solid object, use said hammer, and wail away a few times ... I liken this experience to the 6 months I spent otr after leaving DCS. Actually, unless ya use the claw side of the hammer. Hitting yourself is less painful, and the pain doesn't last as long.

Out of 4 driving jobs in the past 10 yrs. My most fulfilling experience working was for a OD heavy hauler whose ISS-D score is currently 87. And my current job which is 22.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    JustSonny and david07003 Thank this.
  4. wpmclam

wpmclam Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    I had called JB Hunt about a job and they were basically like, we will have 2 openings coming up in a week or so, but they go so fast you have to answer the phone right away and do an app right then and there or else the jobs will be gone. I decided to stay away from them, that certainly rubbed me the wrong way

5. pittsburghpa

pittsburghpa Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2008
    columbus,Ohio

what companies do you remmomand working for?

6. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    If I were you I would start looking at the comp. that do foodservice delivery first. Sygma Network has a big terminal in Columbus and there is another foodservice co. on the N.E. side of town but I can't remember the name of them now. It will come to me and I will post later. Also a co. called L.J. Kennedy needs drivers around the Columbus area and try Carry Transit. Hope that helps and let me know if you need more

7. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    Just remembered the other one. MBM Foodservice

8. roadkill4512

roadkill4512 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2008
    Lancaster,PA
    Pittsburgh,

I work for JBH and while I'd avoid OTR there are some nice DCS gigs that pay pretty well and are gravy. If I lived in Columbus I would do all I could to get on their Limited Brands acct. I've talked to a couple drivers on that acct and they're very happy and have been getting nice miles. I talked to a guy last week who said he just got 3100 miles for the week.

I'm not BS-ing I live in PA so I can't get on it. Limited brands is in Columbus and if that's where you are I'd seriously go after it.

pittsburghpa Thanks this.
  9. ybr69

ybr69 Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2009
    cinti,ohio
    hey skinny-i think that other food service is bst. they came to my school in hamilton,oh giving out apps.i think like arby's something like that.

10. Mike1961

Mike1961 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2010
    York, Pa.
    I'm wondering if i should leave my old job driving in Hanover, Pa. Company lost very big account. The one dispatcher lets you sit for 6 or 7 hours "trying" to find you a load. $300 pay checks don't make it. Was offered a job with JB Hunt out of Middletown,Pa. doing the intermodel work from the rail yard They mentioned .34 per mile plus $17.50 per trailer you hook up to. They are saying $850.00 a week. Anyone know anything i don't?:biggrin_25524:

11. ann2009

ann2009 Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2009
    USA
    Looking into JB Hunt and would like some honest opinions,pros and cons on this company...Experiences with them etc...Rider program info,etc...Looking forward to hearing from everyone.Any help would be greatly appriciated.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.