What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Teflon would be easier on the barrel than lead is

FlaSwampRat and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Yea the TA was the most giant fuster cluck in the history of the world about an hour ago. Not a single spot. Wasted a good 20 minutes there.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I know someone that has one of those. Well, actually a few people. And two of them have MG42's.

Is that normal?

You're looking at about $20K if you can get permitted.

5. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    So I found a Pizza Hut...that has a bar in it. Hell yes.

Lepton1, kemosabi49, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Try double that. Getting a Class 3 isnt hard. Just takes time to get.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Missoula Montana reports first snow possible, from flurries to about 10th of a inch in SW part of Idaho along I90 specifically for tomorrow.

SPC calls it mixed precip and Stexans' favorite winter charts do not show anything meaning ful. I expect rain int he valley and a dab of snow up top of the ridges or mountain passes temporarily and hardly a memory.

All of that is built in this new experimental NOAA NWS winter product which I already love very much. When we get into proper winter this little item will save alot of BS, crying and trapped vehicles.

MSO Winter Weather Forecasts

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's fine.

You can purchase a surplus Barret .50 military anti material rifle. Rounds for it are 10.00 each. Armor piercing is 15.00 each. nothing that goes boom inside the rounds. Ball and AP thats it. The one shop I know of has a original Korean Era Marine Corps M14. That one has a price tag of about 16500 dollars as of 6 years ago. I cycled it and inspected it and all that, that rifle is ready to go to whoever is lucky enough to purchase it. I think its absolutely a Tax III stamp item.

If you have the III stamp and the ability to, certain automatic weapons are in trade for you to buy. It will take the ATF a while to clear it and new laws were made recently that says once you buy it and own it with the stamp tax on it it stays with you. When you die, it is expected to be disposed of in the J'Boro melt shop unless you somehow have it in a legal trust. That is big time lawyer stuff.

I generally stay clear of the automatic weapons. I know I can get any if I had the money to buy it. No problems or worries there. But I do not live in that kind of existance and so rely on ordiarny Colts in semi auto or repeater rifles dating model reproductions to about the 1876 time period. The modern reproductions are very well done and there is no reason not to put them to work at the range up to 200 yards.Just put a pickanny rail and slap a ACOG on it. Its a little unusual but my eye with the cataract surgery makes iron sighting and the rear raise sight bar a bit tricky. I don't have to fiddle and worry about all that.

I don't have very much ambition to get into the machine gunning, what with the arthritis and retina issues too much of a risk. One of my nephews is a Machine Gunner protecting airforce bases when not deployed to Afghanistan to use it in war. I don't bother asking how many he dropped. But rather making sure that everyone around him is kept safe by the firepower in war.

I would very much like to see us get out of there. And they can chop each other klingon style all I care. they did it for 7000 years they can go right on doing it another 7000. There isnt anything for us anymore since the 9-11 mess was more or less cleaned up.

9. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    All this talk of lead. I just really hope it's the non GMO lead because I wouldn't want to see anyone get hurt.

10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If I bought two acres and buried it in 3 feet of gravel, then steamrolled it flat with drainage on non frontage sides 100 a month would be pretty good with a set of strict rules about the property. 100 a month per truck, call it 30 trucks backing in using half the property to do the necessary turning. No trailers to be dropped. Until a concrete strip 5 feet wide. 4 deep is installed across the entire width of the trailer parking row. (Which is the same as 18 wheeler row.) trailer charges to store would be 50 a day. Rates would be somewhat less if someone needed to put away two rigs max in a corner somewhere for a while.

I could easily support 30 trucks on such a land. looking at about 12000 a month income on the 4. Property taxes on the land would be a couple hundred annually and zoning-land value would be 15000 a acre for several acres. There would be other costs in improvements.

Maybe possible with a small workforce to evolve into a retail 24/7 secured drop lot under contract to certain companies that require it. I would have to accrue more acres. And the staff will be armed on site so if there are highdollar medicines its secure or a 25 million dollar jet engine or whatever.

Probably have to reinforce the fence into a triple system with a deadstrip in between one and two constantly raked after wind and storms using the Israeli Hebron road fence model. Nothing in nothing out.

And then buy no posts or pour additional dock like barriers to prevent less skilled drivers from crushing the fence trying to back.

Electricty will be another issue, bigger the sun the more dollah to feed it.

It never ends. Constantly evolving.

Then 500 a month to 1000 flat rate for those drop and hook each week. We don't count trailers but we will count spaces and tell the lessor what number of spaces are free for them. There are two major container railroad yards here and frankly I will need to buy a farm. Then continue to evolve.

Ugh.

I'll just stick with one truck 100 a week. no trash, no bottles etc. each time I see it around the truck on gravel will be another 100. And driver comes clean it up.

That way there should be no problems.

Life isnt like that.

11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    He needs to strip that fore-stock and heat shielding off the barrel... Makes it WAY lighter... And easier/quicker to change out barrels... And that one probably needs a barrel change if its fired like that last burst very much.

FJ in Warrenton, MO is packes ronight as well... I pulled in behind 3 other trucks. All 4 of us went straight to the back of the lot. The 3 in front of me all creeped right past the ONLY available spot in the entire place, and it wasnt even that hard of a spot to get into... I lined up and put this reefer into it no problems

Dont worry... Preferred administration is by LONG RANGE, high velocity injection... Its far enough away you wont see much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.