What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    You will be amazed at how much less stress there is with a pee bottle. It’s safer, better for your bladder, and the convenience factor is epic.

Drive across the scales and pull to the side you’re up and rolling again in a flash.

The other time I really use it is when I pull into fuel or eat. Normally I’m hustling to the rest room, but now I hop behind the curtain and then I can think straight as I finish fueling and going to eat.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Turkey & broccoli soup for lunch. It’s cold and rainey so soup hit the spot.

525C2251-4049-4E94-BF05-16E70E0BBB00.jpeg

4. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Chicken breasts are starting to cycle through the fry pan......

After the first time through will dice them up for Burrito fillings. And finish frying them up with a bit more spice.

5. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    But now that I see that soup... May split the batch and make some into a stew.

6. 2old

2old Heavy Load Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Trying to avoid being cliche, yes there are so many different ways to make chili and it varies regionally. But I have to admit by jesus.....that looks really-really tasty!

austinmike, tucker and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    It isnt that hard to get rid of wizz bottles. Find the stom drain and pour it out there. The wife used to dump wizz into one gallon water bottles and drain them when we went to use the truck stop for showers. Rinse them out and haul back the empties.

That picture that was posted between two trucks looked to be about 5 gallons.

2old and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    ROFLMAO!!!! You nearly made me choke to death on a mouthful of Gatorade!

I woke up to temps in the high 20s at the home 20 this morning... Despite over sleeping by 2 hours... I didnt get out the drive until 0615.

9. 2old

2old Heavy Load Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Oh I wouldn't argue the convenience factor ... no-no! There's little doubt in my aged head that I have deprived myself only out of disgust but, I drive a "one stack mack with a window in the back" ... so, privacy is at best, marginal once the sun comes up. Having said that, I'm a tanker yanker - have been for almost 30 years. There are those times when the calling comes very suddenly, as probably some of you (older) drivers might be familiar with. Standing in a station, with product dropping hinders my ability to run to the bathroom or the woods. Even worse, in broad daylight the urgency can make things unbearable and edge closely to peeing my pants. This is an old age predicament which can be extremely uncomfortable and leaves me dancing to the sound of the wind. So... maybe I can climb quickly into my day cab and close the door and manage somehow to hit the bottle... it all remains to be tested.

Thank you for your encouragement and support.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  10. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I was first introduced to per bottles in two ways, back in the late '70's and early '80's. First, was taking long flights in a Cessna, my friend piloting. Close quarters, can't just land a wheeled plane on any mountain or lake. When you gotta go you gotta go.

Second, doing big walls and big mountains. Better to relieve yourself in the relative comfort of a tent and get back to sleep, than to gear up for the blizzard, go out and get covered in snow, then get back into the tent and spend another 15 minutes with a sponge and broom trying to get rid of the snow so your sleeping bag doesn't lose its loft and get cold.

Truckers face similar dilemmas. Need to pee, but there are dozens of eyes that could observe? Use the privacy of your sleeper berth. Parked 200 yards from the restroom and you got the Panty Dance going? Just pee already and get back to sleep.

11. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Got another delivery for Souperman. Does that make me a Souper trucker?

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.