What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Chasin the $ out west
    Growing up in California folks kinda looked sideways at us for buying commercially canned products.

Dad wanted the food stash in case of earthquake or other infrastructure disruptions. Just wanted enough to keep us alive so we could hide out till we could safely escape the metropolitan area.

FlaSwampRat, dwells40 and Rocks Thank this.
  2. Blu_Ogre

Jul 14, 2013
    Chasin the $ out west
    FlaSwampRat and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  3. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Yes.. Mr. @Blu_Ogre .. specially in a place where those disasters do happen once in a while...
    I have met people in the US that canned their food... food that they grew in their garden... :yes2557:

FlaSwampRat and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    When you come beck up here and happen to be on I 90 in Austin, Mn, plan to visit the National Spam Museum. Everything you always wanted to know about spam. lol

[​IMG]

5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Sure.... :rolleyes: A museum about Spam...? :biggrin_2554: I thought it would be easier to find a museum about bacon.... :biggrin_25523:

6. Judge

Judge Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    Well, thought I had my truck fixed on the front seal, well technically it was, but while the mechanics had my truck idling, hood down, saying it was ready, the darnedest thing happened.
    An explosion.
    So while they both ran, I opened the hood to see the A/C line had blown off.
    So I am thinking pinched line, maybe evaporator.. but no problems there so I am leaning to pinched line when they put the air to air back on..
    Oh the joy.
    Thoughts?

7. Blu_Ogre

Jul 14, 2013
    Chasin the $ out west
    Corporate sponsorship...... not sure there is a corporation behind bacon.

FlaSwampRat and Rocks Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I stopped in Troutdale for some epic Chinese to go.

Two things I've noticed. Wait four things.

1) Why are there so many Bob tails here?

2) Why are there so many people begging? These aren't really like beggars though, they seem like pot heads.

3) Why are so many flat bed tractors numbered 777?

4) Why are people ZOOMING through the lot to get a spot, and there are still spots, but they come up to one, stop, then ZOOOOOOM off?

9. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    It appears the fine folks of east central Alabama don't take this new internet and cell phone thing very seriously. Sending this out like a message in a bottle. Will be 44 pages behind when I get out of here if Joe Dirt doesn't get me first. Joe is currently working at TA and doesn't have the tool to take a theft proof lug nut off. Kinda unbelievable.
    Putting my phone on the dash in hopes my message gets out in case something happens.

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I can top that.

Stopped to get a fuel filter changed at the TA in Meridian Mississippi and the same kid didn't have the keys to his tool box to get the filter wrench.

• Draft saved Draft deleted