What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    10-4 i aint gonna sweat it, my mind is just focused on learning freight and making sure i got all my ducks in a row. At the same time just dont wanna get on the irs bad side , thats never a great place to be, im sure i will figure it out before to long.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    10-4 buddy. May you keep your insects on the outside, and your brokers on the inside. Lol
    Good luck dude! Think you will be fine.

4. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    I'm going to shake my finger at you over this one.

You are now a business and need to be able to report where all the money goes. Not just for the IRS and other interested gov't agencies but also for yourself.

Part of the figuring out how to run the truck is to get a basic system in place to keep track of your expenses.

To make good business decisions you have to know your numbers.

A tax/accounting person will be grateful if you at least have all that junk stuffed in a shoe box so they can sort through it every quarter.

And to give you some motivation...... You need to get your first quarter to the accountant in January so they can do their thing to keep the revenuers off your tail. And they need that data so you can do the personal taxes for the April deadline.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Same reason I carry the fuel water separator that everyone stocks, but never has.

6. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Was at a receivers in was.state waiting to unload next morning.
    Car pulls up across street a guy get out go into self storage. .
    Come out raggedy clothes on dirty face & standing on street corner getting money.

7. sealevel

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Yeah I know. I just thought a man who specializes in changing tires would have the tools to change my tire. He tried to make it my fault somehow.
    Have Goodyear coming now.
    Can't believe he was so easily defeated. Douchebag wanted to talk about how much tourque it would take to take the nut off because of a socket he didn't have. Left me speechless and just glad he is gone. I didn't want to discuss his problems anymore.

8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I also so enjoy it when the "professionals" we are forced to interact with are completely inept and make their problems my problems.

9. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Been in the great state of California since Saturday. I seem to get green lighted everywhere here. Love that. Currently parked at a small TS where it’s dark and only 6 other trucks are...I’ll cross over early tomorrow... Sad.

Here’s another reason to love California... DEF is cheaper here than anywhere else I can remember. Oh ya and tacos and avocados.

10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    To be a truck driver one has to have a lot of patience... I think... :rolleyes:

11. sealevel

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Goodyear has the tool but forgot the tire. I knew it was bad when he jumped in the back and started shaking his head. Holy effing S. Luckily he only has to meet a man at HWY 14 to bring it. I don't know where that is. Going to sleep and let GOD sort this out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.