What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    When our son was born 22 years ago, I remember thinking, amid the economic fear and uncertainty of my being able to cope with this life changing event....

That I was the same age as my Dad was when he had FIVE kids, with another on the way.

That 5th kid was me, followed a year and a half later by my younger brother.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I have many times.
    My father was a great man who was loved by almost everyone he met.
    But he was also a natural born f up. At my age he was living alone in little 'retirement' apartment set up by one of my aunts.
    He died at the VA retirement home just outside of Cedar Rapids iowa. Dementia. The last time I went to see him, he kept telling me how excited he was because I was coming to see him.
    My cousin Steve called and said it was gonna be any day.
    I drove there and there was a hotel with a bar across the street from the truckstop and so I stayed there. I was gonna go see my dad, but I couldn't bear to.
    He died the next day.

I have a nice home with a woman who loves me more than any man could wish for.
    When the day comes, and it will, she'll be by my side.....maybe pushing the needle.
    So, in answer to your question, I did better.
    But I still love my dad.

4. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    The RED PENCIL is always lurking when you get those "fancy" moments! :rolleyes:

5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    My dad is a great guy. Much better at many things than I am, but I'm better at quite a few things than he is. Been close with he and my mom my entire life. Parkinson's is taking it's toll on him and dementia is slowly taking my mom, but I still love them both and leaving shortly to go see them on my weekly visit. Even though they're both close to 90, they live in their own home and take care of themselves. Not sure for how much longer. Dad was and is a very wise investor and set them up with a very nice nest egg. He still trades on the stock market daily.

6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve never really learned to type well. I bought a new laptop, then got this iPhone, a couple weeks later. 4 yrs now. I’ve learned to type/text very fast. Mainly due to this forum. Everything I do is on the phone. Laptop has yet to be used. Got it in the Truck now. It will be a glorified TV. I’m wondering if my typing skills will have improved, from typing on the phone. I should give my daughter the new computer, it’s a nice one. Take her old one to watch movies/ TV in the Truck. I may yet.

7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I took typing in high school. I still can't type very fast.

My son had to interview me for a school assignment years ago. He looked right at me as I spoke, and his fingers were just FLYING over the keyboard.

He had typed all of my responses, verbatim.

I was impressed.

8. Donk

Donk Have a Cup Of Concrete

Apr 27, 2008
    Not yet......

9. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Most of us aren't now or never will be. Different times and circumstances.
    But we all had tough caring guidance that brought us to today. For that
    we should be eternally grateful.

10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Dont feel bad Donk. I know there are several yacht owners (they call themselves yachties) that would like to get away from typhoon season by visiting Australia. Yet the country wont allow others in or out.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    There's a Schneider IC at this Flying J with a KITTY!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.