What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Savage.

Don't make us get the chicken.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Out of gas.....get more
    Out of oil.......get more
    Out of air.......give it a minute

This is not rocket science, people

4. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    And you know.. I am told that back when, no trucks had this gauging system. And companies were forced to have their mechanics test the old fashioned way. Remove that top plug where you filled it, make any gyrations necessary to get your little finger (turned downward) in to the hole,
    wiggle and remove. If grease/oil on finger, all good till next service. This was a routine in every grease job.

5. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    All I remember aboot Eye 40 was freezing every time we went thru New Mehico.

6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Only rear end play I have heard of needing to be checked was in VW air cooled motors. See the crank would get hot and prematurely were out the thrust washers. You measured one end with a button type indicator. The indicator was mounted to the block. A mechanic wit a huge screwdriver prybar would go to the opposite end of the engine and try to nudge the crank. It was very visible where the ehgine failed.

Night all

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I will attempt to tell this story and keep it G-rated. Years ago back in 1974, I had to have an inguinal hernia repaired. I was a 16 year old full of life male! That night long after my surgery, the surgeon came by to examine me before he went home! That morning before the surgery there were two ladies "prepping" me in "that area"! I did what most normal healthy red-blooded males would do if you get my drift! The surgeon said he had to give me medication to relax me so he could get started. My mother was close by and as much as she tried she finally gave up and went out into the hall and started laughing!

Another time was Feb 2020 when I had my first shoulder surgery! Because of epilepsy it was determined that I should stay in the hospital bed that night. The next morning the overnight nurse came into my room and removed my foley. Afterward, I told her it was a shame the hospital banned smoking! It took her several moments to catch my meaning! Then she busted out laughing and told me breakfast was coming soon!

Staff? if this is too extreme I won't get angry if it is removed!

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    And you complain about chaining a 22.5 lowpro ……..

C5292922-C359-4634-9DE1-90A73B7C5FCB.jpeg

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    When I picked up this trailer, I thought that moar than 1 tire was soft.

AH HA!!!!

We have discovered and isolated the second tire. Going into shop soon ( We hope ).

How can you not appreciate the guy that left this? Bad air bag, and two bad tires.

Think this was like 100 CSA points all by itself??

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.