What if truckers stopped...

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Road*Runner, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Recent WY I-80 closure lead to supply shortage in Costco SLC. Water and toilet tissue. Local news announced it as virus fear impact. I understand people will stock water for in case pandemic. Toilet tissue????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Toilet Tissue is one of the first thinks to fly off the self around my home 20... Has lots of uses besides cleaning your back side... Like tinder for starting fires.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Toilet paper of good quality (We had septic until conversion to city sewer) was very important for many things. Usually a year supply on hand. No need to panic buy the stuff.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I never think about toilet paper,
    Until I run out.

Cabinover101, Dave_in_AZ and Shawn2130 Thank this.
  6. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    In my opinion, the reason we can’t organize and stand for what is right for the majority of us , independent O/O .
    We, the majority, start in this business and get blind and stupid by the difference of the amount of money we make in comparison with a regular jobs. We are so ignorant and uneducated about this business that we start acting and buying stuff that we don’t need just so we can pretend that we are “rich” so we get in so much debt that little by little we get so deep in this system of “my dick is bigger than yours” and when we realized we can’t get out. We became slaves of our own stupid decisions and greed . So , the idea of becoming an O/O for freedom , becomes a jail for us . Then , in order for us to survive we must keep fkn moving and accepting low wages and when your equipment needs to be renew it, we don’t have the money or the credit to buy one , we are F U K and guess what happens next ????? You absolutely right !!! We become a “prostitute “of the system . We can’t stand for what is right , we can’t take a pride for what we do and we become puppets.
    I do t know about you guys , but this is a great career . Don’t be a ####ing stupid !!! Just because you made 1500 today , you think you are wealthy , nope , you are not! Believe it or not , your stupidity affects to all of us!!!

650cat425 Thanks this.
  7. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Can you dig up jimmy hoffa.
    That's the the only way you'll ever get all
    The drivers to park for a week.
    Through fear of being beaten to death if they
    Break ranks.
    Other than that, it's every man for themselves.
    The companies have all the power.

All we can do is make the best of our situations.
    That's pretty much all anybody can do anymore.
    This, us poor drivers, were so over worked and
    Underpaid attitude is a myth.
    It just makes drivers feel good to say it.

You don't see them turning in the keys and
    Going home to that 13 bucks an hour warehouse
    Job do you. Hell no.
    Nobody makes us do this.

They'd rather sit behind that steering wheel,
    Take their 1500 bucks a week and complain
    That their being taken advantage of, because they
    Didn't get paid for the 2 hours it took to get loaded,
    While they where sitting in the truck talking to their
    Kids on FaceTime.

You want a 20,000 dollar a year raise.
    Move out of the city and into the country.
    There's your big raise.
    You don't even have to change jobs.

If it was as bad as everybody claims, the pay
    Would already be 75 cpm for everybody.
    That's what they would have to pay to keep
    Us out here.

Ask yourself this question.
    How many truck drivers do you know, that quit
    Driving trucks and got another job that paid
    Them more money.
    That's why you'll never get all these drivers
    To park their trucks for a shutdown.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The pay for training should stand at .75 today compared to .50 for top hands in 2001 19 years ago. And .20 25 years before that.

Company Indexes show 1.80 on up to above 3.00 across the USA in trucking rates. It takes about 1.60 to break even a big rig today.

Way too many people saying yes they will take 1.50 freight instead of saying no. We wont move a inch until 2.50 freight.

What I am seeing already this morning is essentially never mind the trucks. Watch out for the USA to stop.

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Wall St. government, education?

All stopped

Trucking? Keep your dirty flip flops moving, we need toilet paper and Purell!

Cabinover101 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Someone said something about driver's immune systems being well developed.

There is a lot of truth to that. We're exposed to everything. Everyone gets wtf sick now and again when we start.

So when we start getting the Coronavirus, it will morph into the Super Coronavirus, and that will be the end.

Except I'm pretty sure I already have it.

Live by the truck, die by the truck.

Don't taze me bro.

11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I finished a article that seems to consider that when the illness infects the nose, the body repairs, the infection progressed to airway in neck body army of antibodies go into action. Followed by repairs.

Unfortunately for some it might attack the stem cell in the lung of which we all have a supply of. More so in the young. If it breaks that then there is nothing left to rebuild damaged lung. Eventually heart, liver, brain and kidneys fail cascading as oxygen levels fail. Boom dead. IF the virus mutates into a secondary bacterial fluid flooding the lungs as the body attempts to flush out the infection after understanding there is no repairing at that point.

They theory that the younger ones have more of the stem. Possibly the virus could be killed at the stem level. Either genetic or other means of very high level treatments. Not everyone will have this. So. You live your life and wash hands, don't touch face etc.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.