What is a good lease company for an entry level driver?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by silenced140, Mar 3, 2017.

1. kbron

kbron Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2017
    okay will let him know....thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Donkeydust

Donkeydust Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Misinformation

4. Mississppihighroller

Mississppihighroller Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2017
  5. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    How is what @FullMetalJacket said misinformation? Please elaborate.

The claims that the op opened with where nothing more than repeating the stories from the trolls on here. You can be successful at prime by working and not using your dispatcher as a travel agent like a lot drivers do.

You're starting a business, that means it needs to come first so it stays alive. Most new business owners spend the first 5 years doing nothing more than just working on the business before they really take any time off. I'm not saying you need to spend 5 years driving before you get a vacation, but going home or someplace you wanted to visit every couple weeks and taking 4, 5, 7, 10 days off and expecting to make money is insane. It just isn't going to happen. You need to be disciplined, save money, spend less than you make, and realize this is a business and you're an entrepreneur.

Listen to or read this book, startup life. Very informative about being an entrepreneur, surviving the first few years, and making relationships work.

There's a huge list of books I would recommend you read or listen to before you become a business owner.

I leased my tractor through Prime and was successful. Just bought it out last month, have my own authority, have my own trailer (it's being rented out to a friend at Landstar right now because I'm running as a power only gig at Prime under my authority that's making me good money), and just brought on my first owner operator to run under my authority as well.

Not sure about you, but that's sounding pretty successful to me.

RandomTruckerGuy Thanks this.
  6. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Showed restraint & just ignored that one.

You know, living in the truck/trailer "down by the river", I struggle so much just to get by. It's such a tough life! LOL :biggrin_25523::biggrin_25520::biggrin_25526:

:biggrin_25525:

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  7. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Yeah Yeah, whatever you crazy fiend! Go buy that new truck already so you can come work with me!

8. jwf782

jwf782 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2018
    Lol. Before elogs a lease driver, going out west doing 3500 miles a week could easily stay out 3 to 4 weeks and go home for a week and still clear $5500 a month. After all expenses. Elogs Took that away, you can no longer consistently drive 3500 miles a week, every week.

9. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I wouldn't want to drive that many miles a week as it is now. I still live out west and go home every 15 days and take a week off. I have my own authority and usually run from the west coast to the east, take a reset and then drive back to west coast. That round trip pays me between $15,000-18,000. My truck and the the owner ops leased onto me don't run for anything less then $2/ mile. My fleet average for last quarter was $2.28 all miles. I have no problem running on elogs and making money!

dwells40 Thanks this.
  10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Geez ... I cleared $7000 a month on 2900 miles a week at Swift on e logs ... New gig ... $3000 clear a week

11. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    Landstar does not Lease equipment. You must have your own truck. You can then lease onto them and book your own freight through their agents. You gross 65%-73%(depends on if you use their trailer or provide your own) of the linehaul and 100% of the FSC. There are benefits to being with Landstar, and there are others that will tell you to stay away. For me it works very well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.