What is a Steering Wheel Holder?!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Hazardous, Mar 8, 2016.

1. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Only the local van body drivers, we call em ups routes. Go here throw a few box's go there throw a few boxs.... :biggrin_2559:

tow614 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Yves kanevil

Yves kanevil Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Nighthawk
    City drivers can at least back out or into tight spots. Some otr drivers don't even know what the r means when engaging their automatic trans

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  4. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    Not all city drivers, some really are a disgrace at backing amongst other things.

tow614 Thanks this.
  5. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I think mine means really fast, but when I try to use it it just beeps at me a lot.

6. rearview

rearview Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Tenakee Springs
    A steering wheel holder that six sided thing that you screw onto the stud the center hole of the steering wheel rests in.

You guys are over thinking this.

street beater Thanks this.
  7. Psterenchock

Psterenchock Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2018
    So being a new driver I am automatically assumed to be a steering wheel holder. Drive an automatic because that's what the company offers even thou I know how to drive a standard? It takes practice to back up one of these big ### trucks and there us alot to learn. If u think u know it all your wrong. I use caution all the time if I dont feel safe or am unsure. I am still learning and if others dont like it oh well. Least I know I will have a good chance to make it home safe. My father is a retired trucker he use to tell me stories all the time about the brotherhood hell I javent seen any if that since I been on the road. Just judgement. No one even offers advice to newer driver just assumes they are all the same.. so sad!!

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    This is my favorite by far. Cheered me right up, particularly the Pete Buckle and CAT Hat.

When we were little we read about Cat being in the hat, now we would like CAT to build our crappy engines run by Swift.

A steering wheel holder has little to no value when questioned closely over a broken truck. Whats da matta wid it?

Dunno.

WOT?!

9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Yep the driver will get it on the highway and take back over an exit before exiting the highway. That's how it will start out and progressively get more intricate

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.