What is the attraction with peterbilts

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by d_man, Dec 7, 2012.

1. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I just don't think there's any better feeling, to me, than running around in a flat top Pete with that long nose out front.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1deep

1deep Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2009
    They"re the best looking trucks on the road. IMO

DrtyDiesel and rodknocker Thank this.
  4. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    I Think its because of the look and how well its built. The pete has a quiet cab compared to my international or freightliner. Untill I put 10 inch straight pipes on it!:biggrin_25525::biggrin_25525:

5. rockstar_nj

rockstar_nj Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Cape May Court House, NJ
    My thoughts on it... Let's use guitars... You can buy a Gibson, or you can buy an Ibanez. After you play both, the Ibanez might be the better guitar, but it's not a Gibson. There's kind of a mix between pride and prestige with that guitar.

I think that's mostly what a Peterbilt is... The truck version of a Gibson. They're made with the same part. The same company is making the moters, and transmissions, and tires... But when you think of an 18-wheeler, mainly before you started driving, what do you imagine: A peterbilt with that nice long nose, or a sterling that looks like the front of an oversized pickup?

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  6. DrtyDiesel

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I agree. I've always thought of a truck being a square long hood with a low sleeper. Its what I always think of.

7. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    Drive a Pete 11 hours and feel like you just crossed the street when your done. Their ain't no feeling

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  8. DrtyDiesel

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    My 379EXHD was the smoothest truck I've ever been in. I loved it and was pretty sad they sold it and gave me a T660, the ride wasn't the same :/

rodknocker Thanks this.
  9. 1johnb

1johnb Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    New Paris Ohio
    :Wrench::Wrench::Wrench::Wrench::Wrench::Wrench::Wrench::mlaugh::Wrench::smt102
    Two stick Mack with 38k camel backs will knock all the disc's out of your back.

They are a work horse though. I wouldn't mind finding a B model to work over sometime.

10. jdiesel3406

jdiesel3406 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Philly area
    When you go through a construction zone or run over a pothole in several Columbias and the same piece of dash falls out, you'll appreciate Paccar trucks.

When your pulling your hair out from hearing the windnoise all because the driver door won't seal when closed on your 9200, you'll appreciate Paccar trucks.

When your chasing down electrical gremlins in a Volvo and have to send it to the dealer, you'll appreciate Paccar trucks.

When that R model Mack has caused you to know Chiropractors on a first name basis, you'll appreciate Paccar trucks. (KW 8 bag > Pete low leaf imho)

Finally, when you see a ton of gaudy looking Classic XL's on 95, you'll appreciate Paccar trucks.

kona911, peterbilt_2005 and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  11. Have you ever noticed old school Mercedes still running around. Notice ol' school peterbilt and KW. Besides the obvious, the previous owner take care of them. I rarely see an old Columbia or Volvo. Besides longnose Freightliner's.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.