What is the attraction with peterbilts

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by d_man, Dec 7, 2012.

1. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I see older freightliners and older volvos but they're usually falling apart.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kswildcat

kswildcat Light Load Member

May 7, 2015
    379 pete or w900kw.. then the rest

1. looks
    2. quality
    3. ride.... Drivin 2 of the some say best riding truck volvo and a standard hood pete has a better ride in my opinion. ext. hood pete or w900 is NO compareassion
    4 customizing/adding chrome... Sure you can customize and add chrome to the rest. But really you can polish and chrome up a turd but it is still that, a turd

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The ride most definitely. I currently drive a Pete that is one of the oldest trucks in the whole fleet. It has some new suspension parts, and rides so nice. Everything works on it too. The visibility out of the cab is superior. It does save a lot of wear and tear on the body. My boss gave me a pretty KW awhile back that just about beat me half to death. No one could believe I wanted the ugly 'ol Pete over the shiny KW. Now I don't have to wrench on it or pay for anything when it breaks. I'm trying to get my own truck, and it will be a shaker. The guy wear I'm purchasing it was even like ," How about one of these Pete's? " Love one, but they are in the $90K's opposed to the shaker being $62.5K with an awesome warranty.

5. 2old2care

2old2care Bobtail Member

May 10, 2015
    For most it's looks, others it's the ride. For me it The durability you get of the petes. A truck with a 1.5 million mile life. And very little major repair costs. Very little road walk or body roll. They handle great in high winds. Try getting that out of a cheap truck. Plus a Pete takes a long time to loose value.

jdiesel3406 and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.