What is the best burger you've ever had on the road?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Brunchman, Aug 7, 2017.

1. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    It is...and the onion rings..are fresh cut homemade

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Some where out on I-80, where the greyhound stopped in maybe Ohio? Really great burgers and HUGE! Couldnt believe they sold that in 2007 for $5 as a meal!

Locally since I am not driving for the moment. Two places that make good burgers. One is Ruth and Wimpys on Route One in Hancock. Wimpy was a driver himself and drove a cab over with a fulll condominium and (4) 200 gallon tanks. How he managed to park that in a Pilots with trailer (or where ever) I have no idea!

The other place is called Pat's Pizza. Their pizzas are ok, yet their burgers are big and juicy!

4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
  5. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Looks like I need to take a trip to SC...that burger looked good. I thought that was fried bacon served on the side but I suppose one can't get EVERY artery filled in one sitting. ;)

Heat Attack Grill reminds me of the ol' Atlanta Luther Burger. You know...a 1lb cheeseburger slapped in between two halves of a Krispy Kreme . It's disputed on where it was originated but...whatever.

A link for those who wish to know more. Luther Burger and it's got a wiki page! Luther Burger - Wikipedia

The old show Man Vs. Food had some great burgers on it..huge of course, hence the name of the show. Believe they did a 5lb burger somewhere. Diner's, Drive ins, and Dives has a ton of places that offer some pretty #### good looking burgers. I'm still working on my list, so I can't say they ALL taste good...yet.

Like others tho...the best burgers are the ones I make on the ol' grill.

Sirscrapntruckalot - The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. - Mark Twain

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    This is completely dependant on the level of hunger combined with length of time between burgers.

Lenny's is the best overall.
    Carl's Jr. Is the worst.

7. Sirscrapntruckalot

Wait...you eat something other then corndogs?

Someone call snopes...we got us a myth to bust!

;)

Sirscrapntruckalot - HA! - ALF...the tv character.

lovesthedrive and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    This is the best turkey you could ever make a burger with. IMG_20170915_171355.jpg

9. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    HeY!
    I just remembered where I had the best burger evah. It was during a Drivers' Appreciation Day at a Big truck truck stop in Iowa. I watched it being made at the same time I enjoyed the view of two jugs giggling like jell-o.

Now those were nice, I mean really nice, and big all around,
    BUMMERS!!
    The sacrifices Big truck truck drivers are forced to make ain't really fair. Can't even touch those jugs, --- but that don't prevent havin' sweet dreams 'bout 'em. Jugs in pairs have fascinated me since I experienced my first squeeze, back when I was still a very young child, --- about 15 years old. Maybe closer to 13 years old, but coulda been 30 years old, too. Now I have an addiction.
    And absolutely no plans to kick it. :) :D :p

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  10. Sirscrapntruckalot

That made me laugh an now I'm looking for a Jugs anonymous support group.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Puppies! - Jerry The King Lawler

lovesthedrive and AfterShock Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.