What is the worst place you..

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by xFreeWord420x, Apr 8, 2012.

1. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Viola,WV. All dirt roads in and out and if you come in the one road, you have to cross a creek.:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Freeword, I used to work for PJ Greco! Kittanning yard.

I heard you said you worked for Three S, I quit there in october.

4. xFreeWord420x

xFreeWord420x Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Leetonia, Ohio
    You quit 3 s? or you quit from PJ Greco? I probably have seen ya or bs'd with ya.. Always got along with their drivers.. Heard some horror stories about em too.. 110,000 in those straight truck rolloffs lol..

5. The Bird

The Bird Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    White Rock, NM
    Brooklyn, NYC down on 60th street. Took a Classic and a 48' spread axle flatbed in with one Johnny Gate. There was a detour on the directions given me and someone had flipped the detour signs around :biggrin_25510:: left was suppose to be right and visa versa. After a few calls to the consignee I made it there, parallel parked on the curb facing the wrong way, and they finagled the lift gate off the front of the trailer.

On a right turn on the way out I caught a mesh trash can with my first trailer axle tires and pushed it a few feet before someone at the corner grabbed it out of my way. I had no intentions of stopping to move it.

I've never been back and have no want, need, or desire to.

6. Logan76

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I quit PJ Greco's, I was a bigger guy with goatee, I hauled 102k in one of those roll-offs...Hated hauling heavy like that...

7. xFreeWord420x

Mar 10, 2012
    Leetonia, Ohio
    lol, you just described a couple PJ Greco drivers haha.. Im almost posotive I have talked to ya.. I've talked to a lot of the drivers.. Were you one of the guys I bs'd with at EQS one day when I was there for 5 1/2 hours? Where you driving now man? Im tired of the same scrap hauling bs.. tired of hauling heavy.

8. Logan76

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Yes, Me and my buddy were at EQS when he had a flat tire I think. I drive for FTI now out of Freeport, pa. doing flatbed.

I would get the hell out of there, between the hauling heavy and the percentage pay I would be looking if I were you...scrap hauling sucks.

9. xFreeWord420x

Mar 10, 2012
    Leetonia, Ohio
    Yeah man.. I remember you for sure then!.. I am looking to get out. August/September is my 2 years experience.. Plus I got a vacation in June, once I get back I am out.. they served me well as a stepping stone.

How often are you home? I don't mind going out a night or two here and there, with weekends off.. but trying to stay local.

10. Logan76

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I told them I would camp out in my truck 1 or 2 nights a week and so far they have held to their word.

It's good hard work but most of the drivers here seem very happy.

11. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Brooklyn. I had to blind side off a side street, over some tree stumps and curbs to get in there, and that was with people who worked there (that only spoke Chinese, mind you) directing me in. In order to get to the entrance I had to go around the block and I got VERY close to hitting a few cars with my trailer in the process. I'm so glad I only went there once with Weiner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.