what is TMC hauling in the Northeast?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by cap12, Sep 5, 2012.

1. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    How much did you average with them and why did you leave them?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtyjerz

dirtyjerz glowing beard pouty kid

Jun 7, 2011
    Playing in Traffic
    I would bring home any where from $450 on a crappy week to around $1000 on a great week, usually round $650-$800. I also ran dedicated most of the time so it payed a little different than linehaul. I left cause i had a newborn who spent almost 2 months in the nicu. Wanted to be home everynight when he came home and hometime was a bit screwy other than having weekends off. (This was on dedicated, not linehaul) No hard feelings toward them as it is the nature of the business. If i.was single with no reason to be home id still be with them. Maybe when the kid is.grown id go back but thats not for another 18 years, so ill stick with my ltl job for a while.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  4. Polarbear857

Polarbear857 Light Load Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Coatesville pa
    Y'd you leave dirty? Thought you were doin the Owens Corning account.

5. dirtyjerz

dirtyjerz glowing beard pouty kid

Jun 7, 2011
    Playing in Traffic
    I was on oc. In 2011 with the daycab it was sweet. When i went back this year after the winter on linehaul i had to keep the sleeper. Then since i had the sleeper i had to stay out a couple nights a week. The problem with was i never knew which night i was out until i delivered a load. If i del in ct i could get another load to ct and have to stay out or get a de load and go home. Having a baby made that a real issue at home so i found a local ltl job. No hard feelings toward tmc but i had to leave for the family. And now i get payed by the hour so my checks are a lot more onsistant and a little bigger too.

6. Polarbear857

Nov 14, 2011
    Coatesville pa
    Cool good luck congrats on the baby.

7. Cheesydrummer

Cheesydrummer Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Lynchburg Va
    So when your with the trainer for 5weeks at TMC do u get home ,or do u stay out the whole 5 weeks? Just tryin to plan , I'm testing at DMV in about two weeks and they said I can come out there soon as I get my license.

8. soilderboy73

soilderboy73 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Henderson, KY

all depends on the trainer, some are home on weekends and some out for a couple weeks

9. Polarbear857

Nov 14, 2011
    Coatesville pa
    And if he lives around you. If not might be stayin in a hotel when he's home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.