what is worse for your health?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by BobbyG29, Apr 15, 2008.

1. BobbyG29

BobbyG29 Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2008
    New Jersey
    what is worse for your overall health. poor nutrition/ lack of excersise/obesity. OR- regular excersise, fairly good eating habits, but regular consumption of alchoholic beverages. what lifestyle would you think is more overall better for your health? a friend stopped by, it just happened to be on recycling day. this is the day when you put out cans/glass/cardboard. he saw my 50 gallon pail filled with empty silver cans, and said, "holy crap? don't tell me they are all yours? man, you trying to kill yourself?" now, i like the guy...but....he's obiese, i've known him his entire life, he's always been fat, couldn't make it on the football team, couldn't wrestle, could not participate in sports at all cus he's too fat. hes on high blood pressure medication. he lives on fast food. i'm looking at him, and i'm looking at me, and i'm thinking....." so i slam a few every night, big deal." so what's worse for your health, the silver cans or the super size value meal?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

I would have to agree with you that you would appear to be the healthier guy. That fact that he relies on medication in order for his body to function normally is evidence of the fact that he is not healthy. On the other hand, do you know for a fact that you are as healthy as you think you are? Have you had a test to show how well your liver is functioning? I know a couple of "healthy" guys whose only downfall was beer who were turned down for life insurance once their blood work came back. And not all overweight people are as unhealthy as you might think. I am overweight, but my blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol are all great. I keep physically active and will happily test my health against others. Skinny people drop dead of heart attacks just like the obese folks.

4. :biggrin_25513:Somebody kick your backside for you!

Drinking in moderation ( 1 or 2 at the MAX) takes a really BIG PERSON.
    How Big are you?

I myself , very seldom drink anymore cause I can't.
    I throw a few back and pretty soon its a few too many and I am 10 feet tall and a friggin idiot.

Once in a great while I will have a glass of wine with a lot of ice and drink it slowly to relax may aching body from working my ##* off.

Pills , smoke do not take the pain away.I learned that a long time ago.

When I start to feel relaxed I stop.

I have had one DUI in SD, never again, never!

I have seen a lot of men get ####y and my sh** doesn't stink attitude when they have thrown a few back every nite.

I am one of the first women here to say , I do not like myself when I drink to much.

As far as your so called friend who is fat. He has low self esteem and is hurting somewhere in his life.
    So get your backside off of the bar stool and go get your friend and go for a walk, for starters and throw back a glass of O.J, without the Vodka and get started on a better kind of living.:yes2557:OK!

5. aristotle35769

aristotle35769 Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Scottsboro, Alabama
    I can't say which is the least healthy lifestyle, but both sound like they could use some improvement. If you have the need to "slam a few" every night, you may, at some level, have a dependence on alcohol. This is not a judgement, just an observation. The liver can only detoxify one ounce of alcohol per hour, and if you consistantly force it to work overtime by drinking more than one or two on a daily basis, the results will finally catch up.

There's nothing wrong with "slamming back a few" occassionally, but it sounds like something might be missing if you have the need to do it on a daily basis. There are healthier, more productive, and happier ways to spend an evening.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.