What is wrong with this story on a crash?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Big Don, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    What should she be ticketed for? She was legally parked at the curb. Now had she been in a no parking zone, it would be a different story.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FireLotus

FireLotus Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Hey look there... I agree with you...

I once parked on the street by a truck stop, I was doing a split sleeper birth to extend my clock... there were plenty of spots, but I figured soon it would fill up and no point in me taking a spot that someone who is gonna stay all night would need..
    anyway, there were tables inside the truck stop and some Truckers sitting at the table could see my truck from the window, as I walked pass them to go to the bathroom I heard them grumbling about drivers that can't back into a slot... I just figured they were jawing and complaining in general and not directed at me... but when I passed them again on my way out one of addressed me directly about it.. saying if I can back the truck up to park for the night I had no business being a driver and pointed off out the window at my truck...
    I told him I was just staying a few hours and left the spots for those who needed them to which he just scoffed..

I went back to my truck and seriously thought about starting it up and backing in to a spot where they could see.. then decided to brush it off and take a nap..

But, there are drivers who get annoyed with drivers who park on the street by a truck stop and I wonder what it is that bugs them about it.

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Hell must be pretty cold, right about now!:D
    There are drivers who would get annoyed over anything, everything and nothing. SCREWEM. As to the curb parking, they were probably pissed because there was no place at the curb for THEM to park when they got there.:rolleyes:

mjd4277 and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  5. DoneYourWay

DoneYourWay Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2013
    one of 48
    i have witnessed this annoyance quite often, i think they are confused about why you don't do things same way like they do, or maybe they are looking for distractions from their personal problems, imho it's a sign of a lack of imagination

6. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Hyundai semi, must be something new, is that what this ugly thing is
    [​IMG]

7. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    A lot of drivers are crybabies. It seems they are also the same one who claim to be Marines. That just does not fit with my image of Marines.

FireLotus Thanks this.
  8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    lol it's a photoshopped 2018 Cascadia

daf105paccar Thanks this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Drivers like those are f****** hypocrites. They try to relive their glory days while berating other drivers for doing things different and yet they can't (or won't) adapt to changing times.

DoubleO7 Thanks this.
  10. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    I don't know.. it's a 2017 Hyundai semitractor-trailer. Must be one of those new fancy electrodieselmagnetic ones

11. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Author: Cody Blowers
    Cody Blowers was raised in South San Francisco, California. A 2013 graduate of Colorado Technical University, Cody earned her bachelor’s degree in criminal justice with a minor in paralegal studies. Through the course of her academic studies she discovered that writing is her true passion, and she is committed to providing credible, integrated news coverage. Cody joined St. George News in 2015, and when she’s not busy chasing the news, she can generally be found chasing her young granddaughter, Kali.

Good observation, description, and writing skills are the foundation of a criminal justice and paralegal degree. This article and the fact she is not working in criminal justice or even as paralegal speaks volumes.

Another win for the online profit making schools.

FireLotus Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.