WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE DRIVING TEAMS?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Rightaway, Dec 4, 2019.

1. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    That is true, but the government has a ban on certain countries when it comes to the work visa. It’s because the money that these new residents or newly made Americans make, does not circulate in our economy.

Filipinos for example, are world class hard workers. They’re actually top tier in Saudi Arabia as Truck drivers.

It’s just that the money they make doesn’t circulate in our economy. Before the invention of apps, you would see them lined up in Western union locations.

x1Heavy and BigDog Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Imagine spending 24 hours a day with a complete stranger in a confined space.

That's what team driving is in a nutshell.

However, everyone's experience will differ to varying degrees. You might go through several co-drivers before partnering with someone whom you get along with.

You will learn about their bad habits, and they're going to let you know about yours. Your experience with team driving may be positive, or it might positively drive you up a wall.

I'll never willingly drive team again, but one of its positive aspects is being able to at least converse with another person instead of being alone with only your thoughts.

Rightaway, sherlock510 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I did it for two years from 2007 to 2009 at Yellow Freight, before they became YRC.

My situation is going to be a little different from yours, I'm sure, but in general I would just say that if you get with the right partner, you will learn a lot from them. some of the best lessons I ever learned about driving were from my team partners at Yellow. (RIP JEFF!)

But if you get with the wrong partner, it's literal hell. And you won't just be going out for 4 days with them like I did, you'll be going out for 4 months with them. Lol so it will be a very precarious thing for you.

In the end I would just say that teaming was the best thing that ever happened to me in my driving career, and I would never do it again. Lol

5. mem

mem Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2015
    I would only team with someone I'm sleeping with. Otherwise it ain't worth it.

I've teamed with the wife for a few years now. Money's good (made over 6 grand last week as company drivers), teaming still sucks though.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    [QUOTE="Flat Earth Trucker, post: 9720901, member: 228082I'll never willingly drive team again, but one of its positive aspects is being able to at least converse with another person instead of being alone with only your thoughts.[/QUOTE]

I normally have some pretty good conversations with myself
    And some pretty nasty arguments too!

x1Heavy and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I would need to make $250K year to drive team again.

8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018

I normally have some pretty good conversations with myself
    And some pretty nasty arguments too![/QUOTE]
    I'm no psychologist or psychiatrist, but I am guessing this isn't good. :eek:

9. Rightaway

Rightaway Bobtail Member

May 5, 2016
    USA
    Why do you say it was the best thing that ever happened to you in your driving career?

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  10. Rightaway

Rightaway Bobtail Member

May 5, 2016
    USA
    $6K/week is good money going in the same household.

11. Rightaway

Rightaway Bobtail Member

May 5, 2016
    USA
    You've said it all - it must be worth all the stress factors included.

Dave_in_AZ and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.