what it takes to open truck driving school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by pavrom, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Twin Screws

Twin Screws Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2014
    The fact that you are coming here to ask entry level student drivers on what it takes to open a truck driving school just shows how woefully unprepared you are to actually open one.

Hey, its your money and its a free country. A fool and his money are soon parted.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scvready

Scvready Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    I know this world doesn't work the way you want it to. People make money regardless of knowledge. My garbage school makes money. I'm a garbage trucker that makes money. You can say what ever you want I still make money super trucker or not. I don't know why you're so butt hurt about it. Anyway your response also says much about the type of person you are. Your aren't as good a person as you may think if my post offended you to the point you needed to call me garbage makes you a garbage human being as well. Come off your high horse macho Man behind a keyboard

4. Scvready

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    Everyone is a fool and your the smart one. Do you have a school? Do you own a business? I bet you don't and never will. It takes risks to start a business and doesn't seem like you got the balls to take risks.

Anyway he may still be researching and picking people's brains on the idea. I don't understand why we can't just be helpful. Even if you think it a bad idea you shouldn't offend people with your answer. But you can't help it can you? Your are a trashy person

Blackshack46 and 7seriestv Thank this.
  5. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Advocating such an action is incredibly irresponsible. People go to school to learn from someone they expect to be experienced. Paying to be trained by a hack is fraud and those encouraging such behavior are a ridiculously negative symptom of what's wrong with this industry. Would you you be ok if police were trained to handle firearms by bakers who "winged it" to teach them? How do you feel about pilots who are taught to operate aircraft by boat captains who "winged it"? This post has inspired me to be a swimming instructor for the summer. I don't know how to swim but it doesn't matter though because I can just "wing it". Hopefully my students can float!

JReding Thanks this.
  6. Scvready

Dec 16, 2017
    Louisiana
    I'm just saying it's done I don't advocate it. This country is built on making money I don't like it. I was merely pointing out that my school had non experienced teacher

7. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    We need to be RAISING the bar though. It's the only way we'll get better. Anyone can see the bar keeps getting lower and the damaging effects are incredibly obvious. It's up to us to make the change back to where it was instead of dragging it down to all time lows. It will soon break if we don't correct it's path.

JReding and Scvready Thank this.
  8. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016
    It can be done just start with one student at a time. Their is a guy in Dallas with an Automatic daycab and one of the small ups trailer offering cdl training. And he stay booked up and mega carriers accept the students he trained. Lot of carriers don't care what school the person go to

9. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016
    He can own the school and hire instructors. Maybe he can come up the the finances to do that. He don't need a lot (he can use a truck stop) he don't need an office ( rent daily office space as needed). it can be done

10. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    You've missed the point entirely.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.