What kind of ac compressor is this, need to replace it? (pics)

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by nikmirbre, May 26, 2022.

1. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    When I turn the AC on, it makes a racket(noise) when I inspected that ring there is loose......

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    TruckerAC - Compressors

Call the guy on that site, email the pics. He'll tell you exactly what you need

Did that changing from york to sanden, 5 years later couldnt find the part number. He found the invoice in 5 minutes and had the compressor shipped in another hour.

Warning, on some of those sandens, the clutch isnt serviceable, gotta replace compressor too, but if you have the new compressor, even a car ac place can get you going again in less than 4 hrs

4. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I think I made out the numbers on the back.... LFO111

D.Tibbitt and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC

Yes I looked up the LFO111 or LF0111 on there and came up with the wxsnkj number(I think its the cast number)!!!

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    It’s probably a Chinese Sanden knockoff. They’re supposed to be almost as good, and 2/3 the price. There’s a couple that will work. The one I got is the best. I’ll look up the # for you. I got mine at Truckpro. It was $240, has lasted a few yrs already. Not worth changing the clutch on a Sanden. The cost, and the proper shimming makes it a waste of time, and money. I’ll look up my #, it’s the same as yours, except it’s a new design with a fused clutch. If it ever seizes up the fuse blows, and the pulley still operates as an idler. No need to short belt the alternator, which is hard to do on a pad mount. Costs about $50 more, but worth it IMO, as I’ve had to short belt mine before. Real pain, belt has to fit exactly, shimming with washers, etc.

7. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Its lasted 6 years so on complaints here I guess.... now that I think I have the correct part number, the cost of the clutch doesn't seem worth it. About $125-150 more and get the whole compressor. And just replacing the clutch I know im on borrowed time. Was trying to hold off until vacation. I may as well change the whole thing.

8. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Will fitgerald be helpful if called ?!

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  9. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    yes, they never answer at night.

I have the build sheet but it doesn't list the ac compressor. All the parts around it, even the bracket but not the ac compressor!

10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    85C88F82-B40B-4B25-A9A2-98C0DFB998F4.png 702BB70E-1310-4092-9E5B-E587B4F78893.png Here’s the one to get. 03-0609S. Freightliner Carries a similar one. It has a shiny clutch, doesn’t have the fused clutch feature. It’s a very common compressor. Usually in stock at Freightliner. This ones not so common, worth ordering it if you can. It’s available from Truckpro. Sometimes in stock. Check the plug, I can’t see what type yours is. The lines, pad mount, and 8 groove clutch are the same as yours. Plug adapters are available, as long as you have 2 wires, you can splice yours in if needed.

11. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Did anyone else notice the line connections to the compressor? I do not remember those on anything other than some Petes. I could not get the line I needed. Swapped the compressor to one with standard fittings and had the hoses made.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.