what kind of miles

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by blktop-bucanear, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Crzyseekr

Crzyseekr Light Load Member

May 26, 2011
    NV
    It seems confusing but it really is not that bad. I could be wrong but I believe either Conway Truck Load or Conway Freight will hire students out of school depending on the reputation of the school and Conway’s needs at a particular location. It really depends on the situation. If you are looking at the freight side I would just go talk to the local terminal and as them directly.

If you have a question on the truckload side just call the recruiters, they have been great when I have called. I should be finalizing everything to go to the Truckload side in the next few weeks and could have been done sooner if I wanted to rake my current employer over the coals, which I would never do. Anyway I am penciled in for Crowder CDL course on the 26th of September and then on to Conway Truckload if everything goes as planned.

Best of luck!

blktop-bucanear Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blktop-bucanear

blktop-bucanear Medium Load Member

May 23, 2011
    transition
    good luck i head out for aug 22

Crzyseekr Thanks this.
  4. Crzyseekr

Crzyseekr Light Load Member

May 26, 2011
    NV
    Thanks! Small world, I grew up in Bellows Falls. I could not get out of there fast enough, joined the Air Force. All right! It was not that bad, at least it was not Brattleboro with their "it all right to be nude on main street laws". :biggrin_25520:

And for the record before I get all the “what's wrong with being nude responses”, nudism should be like spandex! “It’s a privilege not a right” Some people, myself included, do not have the right.

Just pulling your chain, best of luck to you as well and look forward to meeting you on the road.

blktop-bucanear Thanks this.
  5. scarface2200

scarface2200 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2011
    St Louis MO
    I am thinking about going with Conway I am curoius of how much I can average a week $ I wanna do otr and I been told I may not make much because of the ecomony, will I make $700 or more or less weekly? My friend who was working at Conway Truckload a few years ago said he was making about $900 a week but its been like 2years so have things changes is thier still lots of loads?

6. westcoast

westcoast Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2010
    los angeles, ca
    so what is the average miles again for ctl?

7. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    It may not seem like it scarface2200, but the economy (as far as moving freight) has actually picked up since 2009.
    I was still on the road in 2009, and fright & miles sucked. I have been told by good friends still out there that freight/miles are as much as 1 1/2 times better than the lows of 2009.
    I work local LTL, so now-a-days, I can only tell you first hand how well freight is moving in MY area for the customers that I pick up and deliver to daily......and it is looking REAL good each day.

Best thing to do is take your impending starting pay per mile times 2000 miles a week as a low, and 2800 miles per week as a high....and expect an average somewhere between. Some weeks will be better than the high, and some worse than the low.....but it's a good ball park in todays market with a company like Conway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.