What kind of shape is TMC's equiptment in?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by stingdar, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    And I am telling you that I work for TMC. I posted first hand experience. You posted an "observation" that amounts to hearsay.

If this driver you spoke of is willing to drive his own vehicle and pay for his own gas without asking for an advance or reimbursement then he has no right to complain in my opinion. TMC will NOT require drivers to pay for their own expenses. Any driver in their own truck can get a cash advance at any time if they wish. There are expenses that TMC will reimburse for and a few that they won't.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sgt50

sgt50 Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Down South
    Hey rawlco how bout posting some pics of the inside of your truck so that we noobs can get an idea of what you ride in?

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I saw the heading for this thread and almost choked. LOL
    TMC is one company that I have never heard anyone say that they have bad equipment.
    All nice and black and pretty.
    For a veriety of reasons I never really thought about going to them. But poor equipment is not one of the reasons. When it comes to babying and fully inspecting, and fixing there equipment, they are one of the best bigger companys.
    BTW. Where have all the Internationals coming from I have seen recently LOL.

On the truck recovery thing. That sounds off for any company. Even my cheapskate company pays drivers 100 dollars, all money that it takes to get too the truck, and mileage for the recovery.
    If they need to fly you to it they do that too. No questions.

NukedNative and Rawlco Thank this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I have to agree with Rawlco here. I have yet to see a TMC truck that was anything less than immaculate, or to hear one of their drivers complain in the least about said truck.

6. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    If you go to Peterbilt's website you can see an interactive 360 degree view of a peterbilt 379 or only other model.

7. Rawlco

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    I have an ancient low resolution digital camera that wouldn't show much. Terry's suggestion is the best one though about Peterbilt's website.

8. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    I have been seeing alot of TMC trucks along I64 heading to and from work in the Chesapeake, Va area dropping off rebar for the highway expansion. They look to be in pretty darn good condition too me. Alway clean and shiny. They really stand out.

R/

Frat

9. mfkb

mfkb Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    summerville, sc
    I had to use my car once but got reimbursed. TMC takes care of any out of pocket expenses.

10. Skillett

Skillett Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    An admissions person (driveing school/anymouse) told me TMC had one of the lowest driver turn overs. I can only imagine it is because they maintain their equipment. Good equip usually means more miles.
    Starting school soon, and looking at TMC. Not real thrilled about flatbeds, was wondering does TMC run dry vans????

11. Rawlco

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    Sorry, TMC is a flatbed only company. There are a few dedicated accounts with curtainsides or covered wagons, but load securement is still required.

Turnover is lower at TMC partly because TMC is more selective with their hiring practices. The orientation also seems to weed out some of the whiners.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.