What no one is saying

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Car, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    Taz, you are absolutely right! I'm sure her husband would agree with you also.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UTurn55

UTurn55 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Southern CA
    Really late one Christmas Eve night there wasn't much traffic and channel 19 was quite. To help pass the time I tuned my radio to another channel where two men were talking. I didn't say a word. It was obvious the three of us were running in the same direction. I was grateful for the company but never let them know I was on their channel.

One driver was sharing with the other that his wife (his second) had tracked down his children from his first marriage in Germany and had flown them over and they were all waiting for him at the house. I was just as happy for him as the other driver but I still stayed quiet.

The other driver surprisingly lived in the same area and would be getting home about the same time. He then shared that earlier that day his young wife had told him that when he got home she and their son would not be there. He wasn't angry. He loved his wife and son. He said he understood how difficult it must have been for her with him gone so long at a time.

The first driver then invited him to spend Christmas with him and his family but he declined.

I will never forget that Christmas Eve. I left that channel and cried for what seemed forever. As a single working mom back then and driving solo, I experienced only a portion of the stresses the working Dads and Husbands out on the road experienced. I never had to worry that my son would leave me to "save" himself.

The trucking company is not the real subject of this thread and these hard working men deserve better women.

4. ECU51

ECU51 Heavy Load Member

You couldnt be more wrong if you tried,that is an utterly absurb statement

jakebrake12 Thanks this.
  5. jakebrake12

jakebrake12 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2008
    I95
    I don't know man - Freight has office buddies. Thankfully, as someone who rarely pulls the seniority card - I'm senior to 90% of them at my barn. There was nothing like watching them squirm at the hub I ran last year - they knew the regulars followed etiquette and protocol and they couldn't buck the system. I would stay an hour later to help some bottom drivers I respected and it killed the buddies - we'd cut the new drivers we liked out early and the buddies would squirm man.

6. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    truckerdaddy24 said:
    White Dog says: No

Just because a thread is a little older, and seems to hold no relevance for YOU....doesn't mean someone else can't get anything out of it.
    I've seen you ##### and moan about old threads and/or threads you don't like more than once. Seems to be a little hobby of yours.
    If a thread no longer holds relevance in YOUR world....click out of it, and move on to one that does.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.