What printer are you using in the truck??

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by tj379, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    I've had several printers and never a leak? They last about 2 years then throw them. They are cheap enough.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I carried a printer in the truck for 2 years. No issues.

Leaking ink.... throw out the printer & buy a new one. They are cheap (low priced) now days. Once they leak, its almost always going to leak.

Never EVER pull the ink cartridges out of the printer, then reinstall. That is an absolute sure way to create a leak. Its going to leak 99% of the time when you remove & replace ink cartridges.

4. tj379

tj379 Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2019
    ontario
    i have tiny scanner and use it everyday to to email pdf files my problem is i also cross border 1-4 times a week needing a paper manifest for customs fir for loaded and its required mt if i want to use thevFAST lane

5. tj379

tj379 Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2019
    ontario
    dont get rid of that unicorn!

6. tj379

tj379 Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2019
    ontario
    mine leaked twice f up the cartridge plus the mess im thinkin extreme heat in bunk whike truck sits on weekend or freezin in winter then de thawin

7. tj379

tj379 Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2019
    ontario
    printer has done this since new

8. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    :whax:

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    get a cheap HP laser printer, I was buying them for $29 from Walmart, bought 60 of them for the trucks.

Heat isn't an issue but cold is as it is for all printers.

So when they were put into the trucks, I provided a nice thick cheap towel to wrap the printer in.

Out of all 60, one failed on the road. ONE.

By the way these are energy hogs when they are printing, they have heating element to "melt" the toner and that grabs about 130 watts on some of them, less than 40 watts on others.

10. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    Mine does the same thing? Hot as blazes in the summer, freeze in the winter. I have an epson right now, I usually dont care the make, I do find after the 3rd or 4th set of XL ink tanks the printing gets bad so I usually turf them then. But that's 2 years or more. I have an all in 1 the new one has bluetooth printing so I can print from my phone wireless, dont have to fire up the laptop anymore. I DONT use cheap aftermarket refilled ink tanks, tried those but they didnt print correctly, then the printer never printed correctly and i had to replace it. That was a bunch of years ago. I do lots of printing for each border crossing so its essential for me to have one.

11. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    If you can find one used, it is an excellent printer. I'm only on my second cartridge in that 12 years and it's printed a ton of stuff. The model number is P1102W.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.