What tech are you using in your vehicles?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Atlanticus trucking, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Atlanticus trucking

Atlanticus trucking Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2018
    I love using tech in general to make life easier. What is some good tech or apps you’re currently using?

Hardware I’ve been recommended:
    • Garmin Dezl 780 for truck navigation
    • Ipad running Keep Trucking for elog and gps (not sure if i should do an iPhone 7 Plus instead of an ipad 9.7
    Apps I’ve been recommended:
    • Trucker Path
    • Goforit for reporting damage

What do you use or recommend?
    Any better options then what i have listed?
    Would you recommend a phone instead of a tablet for the driver?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I use only what my employer provides, and that aint much. I will not take a smartphone to work. That drives dispatch crazy, but tuff cookies. Directions to customer locations better be on the sale order paper work or hand held. I will only call the customer from my personal (flip) phone as last resort.

4. BrownEyedGirI

BrownEyedGirI Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Cincinnati
    My company doesn't use dash cams so I have my own. It has a memory card in it big enough to hold my videos for a week solid. I'm all about CYA. We all know who gets blamed first in an accident involving a truck.

5. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    I have a tablet mounted on my Dash that displays Google Maps all day long with the traffic mode enabled. Green indicates the road is clear, Orange it's moving slow and red means it's backed up pretty bad.

At the click of a button I can switch to an app called MyRadar. It shows me what weather patterns are active throughout the US. I can determine whether I'm going to miss that weather pattern or beat It.

I use one of those high dollar Rand McNally GPS.

The only truck app I use on my phone is Trucker Path. I use it to determine if the scale is open.

justcarhaulin and taodnt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.