What the heck is wrong w/that trucker?? Horn blasting/lights flashing...

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Asphalt Anarchist, Feb 25, 2012.

1. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I really shouldn't show you this . :biggrin_25513: http://trainhorns.net/

truckon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Asphalt Anarchist

Asphalt Anarchist Bobtail Member

I know my limits and would hope anyone else on the road would too!

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  4. Asphalt Anarchist

thanks!!! And free shipping, too!! Look out, I can blast back...although it would probably blow the hood right off my little car.

RickG Thanks this.
  5. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    You still instigating truckers Asphalt!?! Oh man! How's the blog doing?

6. Asphalt Anarchist

I'm not TRYING to instigate anyone or anything - it just seems to happen! ... especially truckers since they're the biggest thing out there and could pretty much put me "wheels up" in a ditch somewhere if they really wanted to! (not that they would, I'm just saying...) I had an interesting, well, I'm not sure what you'd call it... let's say I had a short-lived friendship last year with one of those drivers of the big trucks - got to ride a long and I really did love it. Well, turned out I loved riding in the truck WAY more than I liked the driver. So, no more rides :tearyeyed: Maybe I can find someone trustworthy who'd be willing to have a "ride along" so I could blog about it sometime. If you know of anyone who might be able to tolerate that...send them my way. And you remembered I had a blog? Wow! Well, it's been hit and miss - I write a bunch and then I go in and wipe it all out and then re-post a little - it's just a manic mess of this and that right now. Feel free to stop by and see what a tortured tragic mind I have!! I actually had a freighbroker who is some webmaster type wanting to commercialize it and get it off of Facebook, so, we'll see about that. He said he'd call me next month sometime about it...I'll believe it when the phone rings. Anyway, 4 books done and still writing. In the meantime, I'm still out there 4K miles a month doing my work thing since I enjoy electricity and paying my mortgage! Thanks for asking, Airforcetoo!

7. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    No problemO! Yeah riding in a truck can be real fun.. I bet you got some offers already in ure PM cause we all know a truckers lifestyle is a lonely one; but I would advise to meet the person face to face first and get to know them before agreeing to spend 24/7 with the person! Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Asphalt Anarchist Thanks this.
  8. DalorTrucking

DalorTrucking Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Franklin Wi
  9. James Johnson

James Johnson Light Load Member

May 27, 2017
    Maybe you were in his way. Or you probably did cut him off. Basically, when you cut us off it's not safe and that's why we use signals to help us to alert. When the truck puts on his hazard lights on for 2 times means "thank you". I flick my headlights means " you are good, you can pass by me or get in front of me safely". When there is a car wreck I always turn on my hazard lights on. To alert people ,"hey, be careful", or "hey, need to slow down something up a head". But don't be a ##### with a truck driver. Some are a rude ### ##### and maybe yell #### you!! Be careful around us.

10. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Road Train Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Retired in Taunton Ma
    Actually ,it was my co driver that was behind the wheel, Zippy the chimp gets excited when he sees a yellow car............. sorry !

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  11. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN

Mr Ed Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.