What the? Turned down for garbage truck driver job

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by seabring, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    I drove roll off hauling scrap, ive had plenty of heavy loads including one I grossed 101k in a tri-axle. They are quite easy to flop over if your not careful.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    bet my trailer dump at 104,000 (legal permit weight in MA) rolls easier then the gas tanker

certain jobs require certain skills, keep looking you will find a company to give you a break, I have over 3 years experiance at local and some OTR companies wont hire me as experianced because ive never been OTR, in fact, up until last year I couldnt even drive out of state till i turned 21

4. GTR SILVER

GTR SILVER Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2009
    jersey city,nj
    did your company train you to drive a trailer dump ...????

5. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    the big boss rode with me for a day and showed me a few things, basically, make sure your level so you dont roll the truck over. were a small company, and family friends so i had known a little bit before i started full time. Granted pay isnt all that great what i do now compared to when i was pulling double ($18 an hour) but i allways get atleast my 40.

6. rzl-dzl

rzl-dzl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    :biggrin_2559:

7. rzl-dzl

rzl-dzl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    attitude in the interview plays a bigger role than many in this thread are acknowledging.

8. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Gold...^^^^^^

9. atlasshruggery

atlasshruggery Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    I did a little roll off work last summer on the side on a contract for the city dump her in milwaukee. I was coming off a tractor-trailer as well and thought it must be easier, but it is alot different, and I was going way slower than the other guys the first couple of shifts though. I can see them wanting experience on a certain kind of equipment.

Tractor-Trailer may be more difficult to someone that has driven neither, but experience on a roll-off truck definitely helps, so maybe the same applies to quad axles? not sure. But sorry to hear it regardless.

10. debinindiana

debinindiana Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Indianapolis IN
    Seems in Indiana you seldom get a chance to even apply for a job like that. Wish we were closer to Winnepeg, because those qualifications fit the bill for my husband. (I've got a thread posted on the schools forum.) Those types of jobs are few & far between here. When one does come open, there's a 100 people beating at the door. He used to have no trouble finding work, Class B drivers just don't seem much in demand anymore here.

11. Miyasdad

Miyasdad Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Dallastown PA
    I Drove an LHS and A PLS in the army would that count as roll off exp.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.