Tell me about anything that made trucking notably better for you…career choices/changes, ideas/attitudes, gear, truck setup, tech, truck stops…anything! Thanks!!!
What Thing(s) Improved Your Trucking Experiences
Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by downplay, Feb 8, 2023.
Page 1 of 11
nredfor88, LtlAnonymous and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm
- Dec 15, 2007
Stopped running regional, and took home every night jobs.Canadianhauler21, Trucker Paul, nredfor88 and 10 others Thank this.
Different trailer, different job. Miles gets you experience. Keep some cash in your pocket, you might need it. What happens on the road stays on the road.Oxbow, JolliRoger, JoeyJunk and 6 others Thank this.
lual Road Train Member
- Oct 22, 2020
Opus, RockinChair, scott180 and 7 others Thank this.
- I stopped pulling boxes--and started pulling tankers.
- I stopped running the northeastern US.
- I got out of the reefer business.
- I left Schneider.
3. Having social skills. So many think that being antisocial is a plus, it’s not. Being sociable will allow you to network and open other opportunities that you would never know about otherwise.
2. Dirty dancing. If you can cut a rug, go to a club…every woman in the place will line up to dance. “Can I take you home with me, Trucker?” Please be gentle…
1. A largecar. You haven’t trucked until you drive a truck with real performance.Canadianhauler21, TheLoadOut, Cat sdp and 13 others Thank this.
bzinger, buddyd157, GreenPete359 and 1 other person Thank this.
Kenworth6969 Road Train Member
Blow up doll
rbrtwbstr Road Train Member
- Jul 11, 2012
Growing up .....
I went from thinking I knew it all, and doing things my way. Paid lots of fines, been placed out of service so many times early in my career.
Took another driving job when I was 28 and realized how little I actually knew. Learned a lot in the 2 years I did OTR work.
13 years later, running local, home daily and I'm still learning daily. And I realize there's a lot of people that are a lot smarter in certain areas then I'll ever be.
Also, realizing there are some things I just cannot change, so you learn to make the best of it.
Page 1 of 11